Need Big Help

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by cefesa, May 15, 2009.

1. cefesa

cefesa New Member

hi - i'm a new member - out of guatemala - local hd
    dealer not good.
    i have a 2007 883 sportster - 4500 miles on - was running fine till now - now problems : not running smootly - pops;
    not burning gas correctly double of gas consumption - blows out dark smoke - all new plugs,filters,oilchangedregularly;
    light goes on from computer - said was sensor of airintake - (bosch part pbt-gf816;07-02281/fhc;0261230030)but was not - changed it with a new one - problem persists
    cleaned manifold, cleaned sensor of pipes (lot's of soot)-
    wow guys - what else to do? pls. some help tks. pete

2. cefesa

cefesa New Member

tks. very much it's fuel inj. yes

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Possibly a sensor like the Throttle position sensor or a temp sensor if it runs OK when it is cold.

4. cefesa

cefesa New Member

yes, when cold runs better

5. whatyardwork

whatyardwork Banned

There you go, have your dealer order both under your name.Then bring the bike back suggesting the problem under warrenty.When they denie having the parts, remind them of the ones you already ordered.

6. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Good call WYW - it is always easier to apologize than asking for permission...especially when dealing with in-warranty service (unless you have a GOOD relationship with your dealer!

7. jndusek

jndusek Member

Re: combustion

I had a similar problem with my 1200C. It seems that I had gotten some bad gas and it caused my MAP sensor to go bad. I replaced it and that fixed the problem. What DTC are you getting on the speedometer?

8. cefesa

cefesa New Member

hey - txs. a lot - had success with this.