navigation sytems

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by hdking, Dec 10, 2008.

1. hdking

hdking Member

NOT SURE WHERE TO POST

What kind of Navigation systems are you using on your bike? And how do you like it?

2. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

Rand McNally Gazzeter for the state we are playing in and a compas.

3. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I'm also not a fan of a full time nav system. I'll research my route with paper maps and MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map. Write the highlights on a card or paper that stays in my pocket until needed. Bring the map and a cheap Tom Tom GPS with me. Refer to the map as needed and turn on the GPS as a last resort. This, for me, makes for a more enjoyable riding experience than being a slave to a nav system and staring at its screen instead of the scenery.

4. WHM1

WHM1 Junior Member

Garmin Zumo 550..... it's FANTASTIC

5. 01dynaglide

01dynaglide Junior Member

I normally check the map first and make some notes of print some directions out and keep with me. If i'm going on a really long trip I will take the Garmin along just incase.

6. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I have a Zumo 550 that I am pleased with.

7. 2002SilverSurfer

2002SilverSurfer Active Member

I actually use a Casio G'z One cell phone on the Verizon Wireless network with their built in app....VZNavigator when necessary. Other than that, I try to preroute myself using Google maps as much as possible.

8. Sharky1948

Sharky1948 Junior Member

My wife on the pillion...

9. saybel

saybel Member

Garmin Zumo 550.......I agree!

10. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Old Tech: Thomas Guide Book (ol' truckers standby) or AAA Travel Tix (if I want a pre-planned itinerary done for me). :newsmile057:

New Tech: Tom Tom (wired live all the time cigar/accessory socket to wire to my battery tender fused cord), but now they have pre-made ones at the HD dealer now. I would suggest one made for bikes (they are way expensive though...HD one I hear is 'round $700 large).:small3d031: