free website stats program nail | Harley Davidson Forums

nail

First of all welcome to the forum.
I would imagine Bubba that, depending on exactly where, you can. But if you'd ask me if I would risk it, I'm afraid my answer would be NO.
I would ask the opinion of a tire repair centre that you trust.

Thank you the tire repair shop said a plug would be okay but the HD dealer said he should get a new tire.

If it was a finishing nail and not past the tread center by much, I prefer a patch from the inside as opposed to plugging it for a better repair. Personally I agree with Harry, I would replace it too.

My brother picked up a 2 inch finishing nail in hiw new rear tire on his road king. Can he plug it?

Of course he CAN plug it, the question is should he? Your butt is riding on those two tires at all times instead of the four on your car so there's no margin for error. Also, does it make sense to go cheap on a tire repair and put your 15-20,000 dollar bike at risk?

I picked up a nail with only 1000 miles on my Sporty about a year ago and I sucked it up and had a new tire put on. Thinking about trying to sell it on Ebay to someone willing to take the risk and at least recoup some of the cost.

Thanks guys I will pass this on to Fuzzy. Did I mention that he was my brother and I had a huge life insurance policy on him? :s

Bubb,
Forget the cost of the tire and the cost of the bike, your life is worth WAY much more then that, replace the tire. There is no price limit to pay for peace of mind in the saddle...Imo..

when your life is on the line is there a queston of a $200.00 tire or how about this if you don't value your life how about the $20,000 harley between your legs if that tire comes apart while riding.

I seem to pick up nails every time I buy a new tire.
I just plug em.
I've never had a blow out in 30 years of riding.
Insurance covers my bike.

Back