free website stats program Myrtle Beach Bike Week,No More | Harley Davidson Forums

Myrtle Beach Bike Week,No More

I wonder how much money they will ask for when they realize how much revenue they loose and how bad the economy is? It won't be long before they come running to someone with their hands out crying poormouth!

Not 'anti-biker'?!?! Did you read the 'rules and regulations'!?

Looks like they went after 2 groups. Bikers and under-age kids. Well, I'll cross that off my list of places to visit!!!!

Y'all come on over to the LoneStar Rally instead. Bit earlier in the season, but Galveston needs the help. Leave Myrtle Beach to the retirees, and have a good time on the Gulf Coast. We can use that huge infusion of cash!! Two years ago (before IKE), there were nearly 1/2 million at the Rally. By this years end, hopefully Galveston will be back on its feet and ready for a BIG event.

For babes in bikinis, there is always Daytona!!

TQ

Y'all come on over to the LoneStar Rally instead. Bit earlier in the season, but Galveston needs the help. Leave Myrtle Beach to the retirees, and have a good time on the Gulf Coast. We can use that huge infusion of cash!! Two years ago (before IKE), there were nearly 1/2 million at the Rally. By this years end, hopefully Galveston will be back on its feet and ready for a BIG event.

For babes in bikinis, there is always Daytona!!

TQ

I miss Galveston. Haven't been there in years, but it is beautiful!!! More skin to see than Ed Gein's closet!!:shock(probably not the best analogy, but you get the idea!)If I can, I may head down there. All depends on the work situation.

Had planned to do Myrtle Beach this spring looks like the deal on the Outer Banks is going to be my choice, NC's Outer Banks will gain tourist $$$, and SC's Myrtle Beach will lose them.......

I wonder how much money they will ask for when they realize how much revenue they loose and how bad the economy is? It won't be long before they come running to someone with their hands out crying poormouth!

Not 'anti-biker'?!?! Did you read the 'rules and regulations'!?

Sad thing is many major cities AND states are hurting right now and our tax dollars will be use to bail...opps "provide needed assistance...blah, blah"! :wall

and another source

from Gary Balcom / Assistant
Coordinator Horry County
ABATE.

I am sending this email out to everyone in my address
book. I realize that only some of you are bikers. I am hoping that you may
know someone that is or maybe someone in your address book may know someone who
is. PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK.

Myrtle Beach has launched a new website to deter people from coming to
the grand strand during the bike rally in may. The website is mbbikerinfo.com.
DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ ON THIS SITE. MOST OF THE INFO IS FALSE.
THERE WILL BE A SPRING RALLY IN MAY 2009 HERE ON THE GRAND STRAND.
There will be no activities sponsored by Myrtle Beach in the city limits.
The city limits never had a lot of sponsored activities going on. The
majority of bike week events take place outside the city. There will be plenty of
activities going on within Horry County as normal. Nothing has changed.
THE SPRING RALLY WILL BE MAY 8th - 17th 2009.

If you want current and up to date and correct info on
the rally, please check out one of the following sites:

South Carolina Motorcycle Dealer - Myrtle Beach Harley-Davidson - Buell
Myrtle Beach, Spring Bike Week, Bikers, Cruisin’ the Coast, Motorcycles, Myrtle Beach Harley-Davidson, Horry County
Myrtle Beach Freebird Style Home

These sites will provide you with truthful information about the rally.
You will also find truthful information about the new Myrtle Beach city
ordinances that only come in to effect within the city limits of Myrtle Beach. Don't
worry, there are plenty of ways around the city limits to get to where you
need to go. You should also be able to find hotel and condo
rental info on these sites that are outside of the city.
(http://www.cherylchristopher.com is a site for a Surfside realty company.)

This email needs to get out all over this country, Canada, and the world.
You would be surprised, but I have met people from many
different countries here on the Grand Strand during bike week.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND PLEASE RIDE SAFE

Back