free website stats program My own worst enemy Shovel Kickstart | Harley Davidson Forums

My own worst enemy Shovel Kickstart

Jonas

I few months back I took my shovelhead apart to address a transmission leak. While the clutch was out, someone pulled the clutch lever(might have been me):s. This can cause the throwout bearing to get pushed off the clutch rod.

So I had to pull the kick start side cover off the transmission to put everything back on the clutch rod. Every since then the kick starter was locked. I really did not notice it for a while, because I normally use the button.

I took it apart today to investigate. Like normal I learned the lesson the hard way. Should have followed the manual more closley. I did not pay attention to the way the gear is orientated when I put it back together. Fixed now, just have to put everthing back together. I'm glad I like to work on this bike, frosted beer, crank the radio. No better way to spend a cold Sunday afternoon.

You can read it in the manual 100 times and it doesn't mean much, but do it one time and you'll never forget again, your experience brings back memories, you were not the first to do that:)

Yeah, your not the only one like Chop says, but the reward does taste better afterwards..enjoy the frosty one!:cheers or two :cheers:cheers

Kickstarts and limps may look cool, but as far as I'm concerned, you can keep it. I nearly walk in a circle now after a few rough years on a shovel!

I know what you mean. had my tail thrown off more than once and had the kick slip thru more times than I care to remember.

Kickstarts and limps may look cool, but as far as I'm concerned, you can keep it. I nearly walk in a circle now after a few rough years on a shovel!

Ditto that, my Panhead bit me way too many times, I think my kicker leg is shorter LOL

Back