free website stats program My new Road Glide Ultra | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

My new Road Glide Ultra

I have owned my 2011 for about six months. Rarely do long highway speeds where I come across tractor trailers but when I did found I get blown around pretty good. any remedies deflectors etc that may help. Usually ride highway speeds on secondary roads and difference was massive when on busy highway

I've got an 05RG and I have always thought it was the most stable bike I have ever been on. It doesn't seem to matter if the simi is coming at me or I am passing one the bike is rock solid. I have a clearview recurve, don't know if that helps. You might try the Klockwerks flair with the "hips" to get a little more downforce.

I have owned my 2011 for about six months. Rarely do long highway speeds where I come across tractor trailers but when I did found I get blown around pretty good. any remedies deflectors etc that may help. Usually ride highway speeds on secondary roads and difference was massive when on busy highway

Are you getting buffeted around or does the bike feel "loose " under you. I had the loose feeling and found my swing arm nuts not torqued properly. Torqued them down and no more loose feeling.

Not sure what is causing you to get blown around so bad. This RGU compared to my Heritage is so much steadier in windy conditions. I would take a look at what Redfish-Joe said to see if maybe there is an issue with the suspension, etc.

My experience on my 2009 RGlide has been great. I feel the gust of wind on the bike and my body but the steering is steady as a rock, unlike the bat wing bikes I believe!

Back