free website stats program My New 2011 Fatboy ABS | Harley Davidson Forums

My New 2011 Fatboy ABS

davidfb

My bike finally came in, I have a couple more newbie questions
I ordered the srvice manual after reading many posts still not in.
Seems the toe heel shifter is really high up are they easily adjusted?
Also I got a battery tender plus(Not HD) is it ok to use the pigtail under seat
to attach tender looks the same.
Also when I shift is it normal to hear a clunk.
Haven't ridden but about a 100 miles so far, as I said in my first post
several months ago I did take the 3 day safety course first.
Getting better every ride and lovin it.
This is a great forum thanks to all.

My bike finally came in, Congrats on your new ride.

I have a couple more newbie questions
I ordered the srvice manual after reading many posts still not in.
Seems the toe heel shifter is really high up are they easily adjusted? Yes, just loosen the allen bolt and pry the lever off, I set mine to bottom out just before it reaches the floorboard.

Also I got a battery tender plus(Not HD) is it ok to use the pigtail under seat
to attach tender looks the same. Should be, if it is not attached properly the tender will blink red. A steady red light is normal, after several minutes the light will blink green then become steady green if all is OK.

Also when I shift is it normal to hear a clunk. They all do that LOL, you may hear that a lot from the dealer. This time it's true. If you are used to metric bikes with teensie tiny gears the Harleys transmission is built tough to take the torque and you will hear a clunk when you shift.

Haven't ridden but about a 100 miles so far, as I said in my first post
several months ago I did take the 3 day safety course first. Great! After you have a thousand or so miles under your belt an experienced rider course is a good idea.

Getting better every ride and lovin it.
This is a great forum thanks to all. Right on, this is the best on the web!

Congratulation on the new steed. You are on the right track especially with the safety course. I absolutely second what Mainah has posted.
Best of luck.

Congratulations on the new FB. Good on the safety course, now it's just a matter of seat time, safety first and Enjoyment. Rock on!
Ishmael

Hooked up battery tender works as you said, thanks to all, it is great having a place to get info from especially being a newbie.

Looks like everyone gave you the answers you were looking for, and having taken the safety course you are way ahead of many new riders. The statement on taking the advanced course is sound advice. If you want a little more room on the left floorboard when you adjust the rear (heel)shifter, take the front shifter off and turn it around. Move the rubber covered peg to the other side of the arm and you will be able to move your foot further forward.

Congrats on the new scoot...continue gaining riding proficiency & going through the service manual. Lots of good stuff to digest. Pretty soon you'll be spending accessory & upgrade money like a true HD owner should ;)

Back