free website stats program My love for Harleys runs deep. | Harley Davidson Forums

My love for Harleys runs deep.

When I was about 7 years old and my Uncle still lived around St. Louis he took me for a ride on his Harley. I can't remember what it was but i'm sure my Dad would know if I asked him. I do remember it was a Harley though.

So we took off from my house and I remember hanging on pretty tight as I was somewhat afraid, having hardly ever ridden up to that point. I don't remember much of the ride after getting out of my neighborhood and here's why...

When my Uncle got back to my house I remember being WOKE UP from a relaxing nap, nearly hanging off the side of his ride LOL. They took a picture of it when he pulled up, I was zonked out and just kind of hanging there sleeping. No seatbelt, no nothing, though I do think he had a sissy bar which was the only thing keeping me up. Needless to say from that day forward he was no longer allowed to take me on rides.

What can I say, I love the sound of a Harley!

What I have found after owning a few bikes before a Harley is this. None had a heart and soul like the Harley. Its quite addicting. And to see the project that you and your Dad are undertaking really proves your point.......:s

Same here. I was about 17 when my cousin rode up on his 91 Dyna Low Rider. Took me for a ride and I was hooked instantly, the sound, the feel, the ride. Problem was I waited until I was 35 to get my first one. But oh so sweet it is
WAP.gif

What I have found after owning a few bikes before a Harley is this. None had a heart and soul like the Harley. Its quite addicting. And to see the project that you and your Dad are undertaking really proves your point.......:s

Thanks man :) Glad you are interested in my build!

Back