free website stats program My first bike! | Harley Davidson Forums

My first bike!

futurerider

Well I did it.
As many of you know, I took the Riders Edgae Class with my son. I passed it some how then got my license, then I bought a case of Pledge and a new 2009 FLHR Red Hot Sun Glow, with cruise, security and anti - lock brakes :D.
It rained most of the day I picked it up, but stopped in the afternoon long enough to get it home. My budy led me through the back roads to my house, with my wife following in the car. This was a huge help since I am new to this and I didn't have to worry about the spped limit, direction or tailgaters (please remember if someone asks for your help getting a new bike home).
It rained for the next week! :bigsmiley19: and I was only able to go to a parking lot once to practice, then an evening or two the next week.
This past Saturday, two of my buddies took me for a ride through Southern PA where we dodged road apples. It was cloudy, dreary and foggy, but we managed to put another 120 miles on it.
I never reallized how much fun this was gonna be :D.
My thanks to everyone on HDT that have helped me with my decision.
Hope to see you out there soon.
As for pictures, well you all know what it looks like and besides, I cannot figure out how to post them yet :bigsmiley20:

Glad your enjoying!
Now when are you going to request a name change since you are no longer a future rider?

Congratulations. I'm looking forward to the day When I get my first Harley. This fall or next spring, probably next spring.

Congrats on the new bike! I'm in Westminster, so lets ride. Many occasions comming up real soon. i.e. Rolling Thunder, Ride across Maryland, etc... let me know...

Back