free website stats program My Dealer Said..... | Harley Davidson Forums

My Dealer Said.....

glider

Veteran Member
Let's start a post about the lame things that the dealers tell us is normal on these bikes. :D

Should be interesting.

They all do that!:D

The number one suggestion from dealers? NEVER use any part/accessory that is not HD MOCO! Of course, it cuts into their bottom line...

Pickin up for Fork oil when I rebuilt last winter. The dealer says "get the screamin Eagle oil, it's give ya a stiffer ride."

I said How does that work being the same weight oil, and why would I want a stiffer ride?

followed by something that resembles this.:unsure

Pickin up for Fork oil when I rebuilt last winter. The dealer says "get the screamin Eagle oil, it's give ya a stiffer ride."

I said How does that work being the same weight oil, and why would I want a stiffer ride?

followed by something that resembles this.:unsure

It's not the same weight oil. The standard SE oil is 15 wt and the "B" is 10 wt. Actually the stock fill is 5 wt. That's why the SE is stiffer. Just don't use the racing SE oil, that's 20 wt and will remove the fillings in your teeth.
The reason for the stiffer ride is so the forks don't bottom out over big bumps like some do causing a dent in the front fender from the brake line "T". :D

this will be a fun post cant wait for everyones stories
here's mine
bought chrome skull levers for my bike the clutch lever chrome started to peel off after about 2 months returned to get them warrantied and i was told that its my fault i must be cleaning the chrome with an abrasive product. to my surprise i said well why only one side then and nothing else on the bike. the next reply was that i must of ran through a puddle or splashed something acidic on that lever; or its because of the rings i wear that the two metals of the lever and the rings are causing the chrome to flake and peel.
needless to say i still have my flakey/chipped chrome lever. :p

Back