free website stats program mufflers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

mufflers

I have the hooker tuned flow slip on's and I do like them however I don't think Hooker Headers are making motorcycle exhaust anymore. They are a bit on the louder side and maybe not as deep as I would like.
There is a sound bite on this forum, take a listen. Finding the right set of pipes is tough as they don't sound the same listening from the riders position as hearing one go by.
I loved the hookers when I heard them on someone else's bike but it wasn't the same once I put them on my bike and heard it from the riders's perspective. Before making your purchase listen to other riders pipes and see if they will let you ride it in order to make the best choice possible. Good luck

Hooker tuned flow exhaust link

RK with Hooker Tuned Flow - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I got me some Hooker Tuned-Flow Slip-Ons. Very gratifying performance and sound to go with it.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I'll second the Hooker pipes...After six yrs they look as good as new.I pulled the baffles and they show no signs breaking down after 28k miles.Sound even better after going with true duels...i just don't think you can get that deep ground shaking rumble out of a stock 88 or 96...Cam's and cubes give you that kind of sound!!

I like my V&H pythons , they can be quiet , but if you want to hear the deep base its there with the throttle , little loud going 80 MPH but that is what the hogtunes are for
all around good rumble , I wouldnt want to take the baffles out

Got a set of '06 S/E cans with 1.75 Baffles that sound great that I am getting rid of due to change in plan. A bit of crack when you roll it on but no need to turn the stereo up. PM me if your interested or have questions.

I just put Rush mufflers with the 2" baffle. I like the deep sound also. they have some sound bites on their site that may help. I had Bassani on the King that sounded great but the wife hated them. They were loud and had a deep rumble.
Goood Luck!

I agree with Steve07, go somewhere and listen to as many as possable, a set of mufflers that one person loves another will hate. Customizing a Harley is a personal choice, asking what muffler sounds best is like asking what color looks best. Performance wise any good muffler will perform well, so fine a set that sounds good to you and you'll be happy.

All true with the exception of what color, isn't black the official color of HD? LOL (my apologies to Smitty & others with the "other" color notwithstanding). :newsmile07::D

Who's the best pilot you ever saw?...err, wrong forum. The best sounding mufflers? Why that's easy.....Rineharts! Like others have said, go listen and find your pipe dream.

Thorns

If you want to be able to hear some nice sounding pipes, go to a swap meet or poker run or bike week at Sturgis or Daytona. I thought I had heard everything until I was in Rapid City SD last year during bike week at Sturgis. Some pople love drag pipes(not me), some people love straight thru unbaffled mufflers, soome love fish tailed outlets, slash cut, balogna cut, true duals, 2 into 1.... the list goes on and on. What I recommend, you might hate. I know I made the mistake of buying some SE mufflers for my Fat Bob that I hated. About a $350 mistake, but I learned from it. Heard a V&H Pro Pipe 2 into 1 that I loved the sound of and that is what I have on my new bike. I know with weather getting nicer, you want to get out and ride (make some noise), but save yourself some hard earned cash and make sure that you like what you are buying. Good luck with it!

Back