free website stats program muffler question | Harley Davidson Forums

muffler question

hotrodjohn

I purchased my road king used and am trying to figure out what I have. The mufflers have a-07 after the part number which going by memory I think was 65757-07. Does the 07 mean 2007? Would you guess that they are not the stock 2004 muffler that came with the bike? Thinking of going with vance and hines with a efi controller.
WAP.gif

I come up w/ rh .cat..muffler im thinkin its stock..google the # there is several pages sould not find a pic.... your # seams real

I guess the 07 dosent mean 2007? I did Google it last night. I guess I better check the # again.
WAP.gif

Usually with the xxx-yy part numbers, "yy" number is the model year that the part came out for. Many times, parts are still backwards compatible, and in the HD system they will show the replacement. If it is just an update to a part, they add the alpha suffix.

TQ

I checked the part number again.6559107 asked dealer. Stock muffler for 07 road king. Why would they be on an 04? Are they netters than the 04 stockers?
WAP.gif

The last two digits usually denote the year in which the part was introduced. So these are not the mufflers you bike came with - they are from a 2007 or newer and as stated above, were stock on the 96 cui engines. Fitment is a different issue and the part number does nothing to help with it.

Changing to the V&H is a good move. I run Rush, true dual, head pipes and slip-ons with the large baffles. I am very satisfied with them and the cost savings made the decision for me. The baffles are removable and can be removed or cut to what ever length you need to get the sound you want. I cut mine in half and I love the sound.

Keep in mind when you change over you may need to remap or rejet.

Last edited:
Back