free website stats program Muffler noise | Harley Davidson Forums

Muffler noise

01Roadking

I have a 2006 Ultra Classic with Screaming Eagles mufflers on it. When I started my bike up this afternoon, I heard a rattle from my right pipe. Amost sounded like a loose clamp, but that wasn't it. I have stock headers on the bike and even took of the heat shield to see if that was it. Seems to be coming from the inside of the right muffler. Anyone else ever hear or have this happen to them? Annoying as (EDIT).

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the mount at the top of the muffler.When mine starts to dry out and rattle I push up on the muffler and spray a bit of high temp white grease between the bracket and rubber then pull down and do the same.Lasts for about 10,000 miles before I have to do it again.

I have a 2006 Ultra Classic with Screaming Eagles mufflers on it. When I started my bike up this afternoon, I heard a rattle from my right pipe. Amost sounded like a loose clamp, but that wasn't it. I have stock headers on the bike and even took of the heat shield to see if that was it. Seems to be coming from the inside of the right muffler. Anyone else ever hear or have this happen to them? Annoying as (EDIT).

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

If your sure it's comming from the mufs. Some of the Screaming Eagle Touring mufs have bolts that attach the end caps to the mufflers on the ends, inside, and some have either 3 pop rivits or 3 flathead EPA machine screws on the sides that also assist in holding in the baffels or the attachment for the end caps. Any of this stuff coulda worked loose.

I have a 2006 Ultra Classic with Screaming Eagles mufflers on it. When I started my bike up this afternoon, I heard a rattle from my right pipe. Amost sounded like a loose clamp, but that wasn't it. I have stock headers on the bike and even took of the heat shield to see if that was it. Seems to be coming from the inside of the right muffler. Anyone else ever hear or have this happen to them?

MY SCRM'N EAGLE muffler:
I had a problem with the BAFFEL not fitting TIGHT inside the muffler..

NOT on the OUT side (bottom) of baffel but on the UP INSIDE part..

REMEDY.. took out baffle and BENT the top OD just enough to make it a tight fit again....

That WAS my problem noise, A LOOSE FIT

I LIGHTLY SMACKED it with a hammer on vice table , aligned n tapped back in muffler,,, re tightened bolt holding baffel

PROBLEM SOLVED

hope yours is as easy as mine..

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:
MY SCRM'N EAGLE muffler:
I had a problem with the BAFFEL not fitting TIGHT inside the muffler..

NOT on the OUT side (bottom) of baffel but on the UP INSIDE part..

REMEDY.. took out baffle and BENT the top OD just enough to make it a tight fit again....

That WAS my problem noise, A LOOSE FIT

I LIGHTLY SMACKED it with a hammer on vice table , aligned n tapped back in muffler,,, re tightened bolt holding baffel

PROBLEM SOLVED

hope yours is as easy as mine..

signed....BUBBIE
Bubbie, didja try the Fulsac baffels?? The 1.75" ones sound Great!

Back