MSP Remote Oil Filter Install

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by dolt, Oct 26, 2014.

1. dolt

dolt Senior Member Contributor

A few weeks back I posted my thoughts about the MSP remote oil filter; I had ordered the kit for my Deuce but had not installed it yet. I completed the installation yesterday and thought I would post some photos and additional thoughts now that the system has been installed.

The installation took all of an hour; hardest part was removing the two rubber plugs near the swing arm "axle" to install the filter mount.:s The install was straight forward and painless and the system added about 1/2 quart of oil. I have made many modifications to the Deuce and, can't explain why, but this modification is very satisfying. I did a complete oil change as part of the install and am so glad I will never have to deal with filter changes again; what a pain.

Anyway, a few photos follow; any questions, just ask.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Very tidy looking installation should make that oil changes a much less messy job

Brian

3. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Nice looking, thanks for the pic's.

4. atm33

atm33 Active Member

What does a kit like this cost? I assume they make them for touring as well? I'm doing my first oil change on a Harley in the spring. What's the deal with the oil filter being a pain? Ok, that's enough questions from me...

5. Jennmarr

Jennmarr Junior Member

The filter change itself is not so much the problem as the fact that there is no good way to do it without making a mess.

6. atm33

atm33 Active Member

Gotcha. Just looked at where my filter is. I can now see oil will get everywhere as soon as I detach the sucker..

7. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Nicely done, looks like a breeze to change out the filter now

9. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

What? Breeze is changing our oil filters now? Sweet! :D

10. atm33

atm33 Active Member

Thanks for the link. About $200. Think I'll buy the funnel that fits under the filter and try that first, before justifying the relocation kit. Very cool mod though. Have to bookmark this one.