free website stats program MSP Remote Oil Filter Install | Harley Davidson Forums

MSP Remote Oil Filter Install

dolt

A few weeks back I posted my thoughts about the MSP remote oil filter; I had ordered the kit for my Deuce but had not installed it yet. I completed the installation yesterday and thought I would post some photos and additional thoughts now that the system has been installed.

The installation took all of an hour; hardest part was removing the two rubber plugs near the swing arm "axle" to install the filter mount.:s The install was straight forward and painless and the system added about 1/2 quart of oil. I have made many modifications to the Deuce and, can't explain why, but this modification is very satisfying. I did a complete oil change as part of the install and am so glad I will never have to deal with filter changes again; what a pain.

Anyway, a few photos follow; any questions, just ask.

Very tidy looking installation should make that oil changes a much less messy job

Brian

What does a kit like this cost? I assume they make them for touring as well? I'm doing my first oil change on a Harley in the spring. What's the deal with the oil filter being a pain? Ok, that's enough questions from me...

The filter change itself is not so much the problem as the fact that there is no good way to do it without making a mess.

The filter change itself is not so much the problem as the fact that there is no good way to do it without making a mess.

Gotcha. Just looked at where my filter is. I can now see oil will get everywhere as soon as I detach the sucker..

Nicely done, looks like a breeze to change out the filter now

Back