free website stats program Moving From the Softail to the touring thread | Harley Davidson Forums

Moving From the Softail to the touring thread

Michaelzz28

I have learned alot from all of you on this thread and I have enjoyed every bit of the reading all of you have offered. I learned alot and My softail has benifited from it just as much as I have. But with all things in life all things come to a end and I have jumped to the touring thread with my new ultra I have. We been increasing out road trips the last few years and after taking a test ride on a new one that just sealed the deal so I jumped. Time will tell if I made the right jump but so far everything seems great! I still have my softail but I wondering just what to do with as of now!

Here are few shots of the bike the old softail
2003 night train A.jpg

and the new one!
!B1oKmjQ!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKigE)RO)nzGpBMfRYjP-mQ~~_3.jpg

Uhhh...two rides???!!! No downside I can see here!!! What to do...???!!! I say ride and enjoy them both...a daily driver and long distance tourer would be ideal at least in my garage!!! :cheers:cheers

Ouch!! That black Classic is Sharp.:s If it's no strain, keep the Softail. I didn't ride my Dyna for while after buying my Classic. Once I did, I decided I still liked it a lot, and it's really nice to ride different feeling bikes.

Congrats - you've got two awesome bikes & no problem keeping both for enjoyment, if budget allows. Welcome to the touring class & get the cleaning supplies ready...definitely more surface(s) to keep clean. You'll really appreciate the added comfort, storage & tunes. Ride safe!

Smitty's right - total cost of ownership can get pretty $pendy so assess your riding needs vs. wants & hope things balance out.

Smitty - sorry to hear you had to make this tough decision - so looks like you retired the FB & sent it off for another to enjoy. I'm sure it's in good hands.

Back