More HP

Discussion in 'VRSC Models' started by Hotrod79510, May 4, 2008.

1. Hotrod79510

Hotrod79510 New Member

Hey everyone, I just bought a 2003 V-Rod witht he road rod package on it and so far I love it. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions on how to get a little more HP out of the engine. I've heard about the stage kits, but do I get those from the dealer? If so, anyone know around how much they cost? Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Hotrod
    Bikers Against Child Abuse
    (B.A.C.A.)

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

There's the stage 1 kits for the intake, free flowing exhaust and some fuel programmers that will up the HP without getting into the engine.

3. Fisher

Fisher Account Removed

Getting more than a few hp out of a VRod is expensive.Like he said intake,exhaust and FI calibration will net a few ponies.Beyond that will thin out the back account considerably.

4. Hotrod79510

Hotrod79510 New Member

ok, thanks for all the info. One more question, I have a 2003 v-rod and I'm getting around 27-28 miles a gallon. Is that normal? Seems a little low for a bike. The mechanice I talked to at the local Harley shop said that it was normal for a v-rod.

5. vrodave

vrodave Member

I've added 4 more HP by just cutting off the goose neck and adding a K&N air filter. Just a cheap way to gain 4 without breaking the bank.(2002 v-rod)