free website stats program Mopeds: To Wave or Not to Wave | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mopeds: To Wave or Not to Wave

A Harley in the living room? That's brilliant! I've got some furniture to move. (and a door to widen). The kids are gonna love it.

Yep, my better "three quarters" (better than half) got a small "scoot" recently we both use to ride sportbikes, she rode a 1989 Honda VTR250 V-twin Interceptor (great for howling 9,000 RPM scratching in the canyons), and I rode a 1992 Suzuki GSXF600 Katana (my sport touring mount for many years).

As for waving, I was an instructor for MSF way back in the day and one of my co-instructors said that very thing MrsCool talked about regarding the exclusive "wave" membership and about "us Harley people"...for me I am going to wave at all my fellow motorcyclists just to improve our image, with the Internet increasing our communication, but the addition of so many things that eat up our free time...anyone spending time to do our sport is worthy PERIOD! :bigsmiley11:

Last edited:
I like to wave to other riders no matter what they ride. It's a low, to the side acknowledgment more then a wave. I don't take it personally if they don't respond but it's a good feeling when they do.

Think of mopeds as a motorcycle kindergarten!These riders -at least a proportion of them-will graduate to a "real" bike and thus be worthy of recognition by other "real" riders.Heaven knows,some of them may even buy a Harley.

Acknowledge any powered 2 wheeler.On a moped and their car licence,they're a part time rider with a foot in the door.

There's a kid in my neighborhood who rides a beat up old moped with ape hangers on it. The funniest thing I've ever seen.
I always wave at him.

I wave at about every body I see......especially the moped crowd.....One, I have convinced myself that it makes their day. :D However, honestly, more moped riders earn the wave, I have seen these folks out in 20* weather & pouring rain, (a gaggle of riders one afternoon in a vicious storm). I will have to say, on those days my HD is home in the garage. I'm a fair weather rider & I don't care. :S I got caught once in a bad storm, had to ride home that night by my self and I was pretty miserable. Would have probably been as miserable even if I wasn't by myself. LOL So, yeah, I wave.

Back