free website stats program Moonshine Run | Harley Davidson Forums

Moonshine Run

Ozoneman

We are also planning a ride in a couple weeks to Illinois for the Moonshine Run. Check this out, I think you will find this interesting:
2008 - 4th Annual Moonshine Lunch Run - Home

We won't get there until Saturday morning, but we plan to make the run out to Moonshine and get the Moonburgers. Also plan to stay the night for the Saturday dinner and breakfast Sunday morning.

HEY , Ive been there maybe 30 times. Its just a great place to ride to .. Only about 60 miles for me ........but good enuf to blow the dust off . If you have any questions please ask ..........I`ll do my best or send you to the right place...... Dan

Have you been to the event I linked above? It sounds like a lot of bikers from many states make the trip. Take the time to go through the web page that I linked and you will see that it is a big event. You will see that people come from all over the country. Most of the bikes are metric, but there are also several Harleys (look under "Riders" link). Take the time to look at the "Events" like also.

No one interested in the Moonshine Run? There is almost 500 people registered. I don't know how many bikes because some people registered are passengers. Check the web site out.

2008 - 4th Annual Moonshine Lunch Run - Home

Here is a video about the location.

YouTube - Bill Geist-World's Best Burger (CBS Sunday Morning)

its a 181 miles for me just talked to the wife about it...looks like fun!..will talk with a couple of the friends we ride with see if anyone this way interrested..lol we just want to get out !!!!! ugh!!! the weather really sucks lately

No I`ve never been to an actual organized trip there . For us it`s 60 miles and usually a spur of the moment saturday morning ride.Once in a while during the week it happens . We have been there on saturday and seen as many as 75 bikes come in together but usually in 2s and 3s.I only glanced at the website but it looks like a local guy from Casey is involved,so I`m sure its all under control. By the way That video is old the record is way more than that ........Take something to put under your jiffy stand cause it`s been rainy and the sod is a little soft. Also DO NOT GET THERE LATE WITH a BIG GROUP or you will find yourself at MICKY D`s

We aren't going now. The weather doesn't look very good. I just canceled the motel room. I don't think it will be much fun driving in the cold rain to get there and back home. They are saying that we may even see some snow flurries!:bigsmiley29:

I'll wait and get my Moonburger another day.

We aren't going now. The weather doesn't look very good. I just canceled the motel room. I don't think it will be much fun driving in the cold rain to get there and back home. They are saying that we may even see some snow flurries!:bigsmiley29:

I'll wait and get my Moonburger another day.

Our little group also said its too early in the year to put up with rain ..Stuff's too freakin cold this time of year...Post again when you will go. I talked to some others and they say theres bikes there every weekend in the summer.

Last edited:
Our little group also said its too early in the year to put up with rain ..Stuff's too freakin cold this time of year...Post again when you will go. I talked to some others and they say theres bikes there every weekend in the summer.

The next organized run to Moonshine will be part of the Illinois HOG Rally in Effingham, Illinois. The Rally is the weekend of June 6-7. On the 7th at 9:00am they will have a run to Moonshine.
2008 Illinois H.O.G. Rally | Schedule

Do you know if you have to be a member of HOG to attend one of these rallies?

The next organized run to Moonshine will be part of the Illinois HOG Rally in Effingham, Illinois. The Rally is the weekend of June 6-7. On the 7th at 9:00am they will have a run to Moonshine.
2008 Illinois H.O.G. Rally | Schedule

Do you know if you have to be a member of HOG to attend one of these rallies?

Sounds great infact last weekend a few of us were talking about the Illnois Rally...cool maybe see ya there.:bigsmiley40:

Back