free website stats program Missing Motor Mount Bolts | Harley Davidson Forums

Missing Motor Mount Bolts

guarddan

I just recently had the 1000 mile service done on my 09 ultra classic. I told the dealer it would make a clunking noise when i went over a bump. When i picked it up i was told the 2 front motor mount bolts were missing. Can you believe it that the factory never put them in. What a joke for all the money for this bike. I called Harley customer service and faxed them the copy of the work order where it is clearly stated as the bolts were never installed.

I just recently had the 1000 mile service done on my 09 ultra classic. I told the dealer it would make a clunking noise when i went over a bump. When i picked it up i was told the 2 front motor mount bolts were missing. Can you believe it that the factory never put them in. What a joke for all the money for this bike. I called Harley customer service and faxed them the copy of the work order where it is clearly stated as the bolts were never installed.

For what the dealer charges for set up, I would ask him for a refund for at least part of it.

Yes, the dealer is at fault. Your bolts are probably laying in the crate your bike came in. Looks like they just threw the thing together and didn't even test ride it. Hopefully, there is another dealer that is close to you that does better work.

Quite honestly, could have been they were not torqued properly, the only question is when, though the HD dealer should have caught it when they did the PD inspection properly.

I suppose it could be possible to be "missing"...but I can't imagine it slipping by so many pairs of eyes. Maybe you could take a picture as to where they are so our readers can take a look for themselves.

Last edited:
Once upon a time i used to get a lot of missing bolts but that was on a 75 triumph bonnie if motorway riding had to stop every 50 miles and tighten especially engine mount bolts
if loctite had not been applied correctly any hd could do the same ( they do vibrate a lot )

Brian

Back