free website stats program mirrors | Harley Davidson Forums

mirrors

nfusion

i have new o9 electraglide classic i changed the mirrors to thoes like the street glide has should you notice a lot more vibration in those type mirrors mine seem to vibrate alot.

I put the "street glide" style mirrors on my 07 UC. I have much less vibration than the stock mirrors. I don't count vibration at idle rpms, though. Around 2300 to 2500 they are fine for me. Remember, mirrors do not tell you it is "safe", only that it is "not safe". Always turn your head.:D

do not know the sg mirrors. but the longer the stems the more they would vibrate id say..

nfusion; vibration should be no different than handlebar mirrors b/c there in the same mounting area(s). Did you get the fairing mirrors tight enough? Also, like Porter indicates, don't judge vibration in idle/low speeds. Best to test at road speed.

i not talking about ideling i meant on the highway & street 20 to 70 mile per hr. instuction that came with said tighten to 30 inch pounds i gave them a little more than that

The mirrors on the SG don't vibrate at all and give an excellent line of sight. Make sure the mirrors are installed on the correct sides and are tightened properly.

Back