free website stats program mirror trouble | Harley Davidson Forums

mirror trouble

shelbyman

I have a 1984 FLHX electra glide It came with short stem mirrors, I bought live to ride mirrors with long stems. Does any one know if I can put the short stems on the live to ride mirrors? or will it be impossible to change them. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Never heard of changing mirror stems. I just installed a set of those mirrors that mount on the outside of the inner fairing. I like them, a lot! Eventually I may put some chrome trim on them, maybe even with the LED turn signals built in.

If your bike already has the short stems, and you already bought the mirrors that come with long stems, can't you just get out some tools and see if the new mirrors will go on the old stems?

Or are the new mirrors still in the shrink wrap packaging and you want to know the fitment before you open the package?

On the mirrors on my bikes you have to take the glass out take out the two tension screws and remove the tension plate and then draw the stem through the hole in the mirror housing
The difficult part is getting the glass out in 1 piece needs a lot of heat from a hot air gun to melt the glue however more than likely you will brake the glass

Brian

Back