free website stats program Mini Apes 07 FXD | Harley Davidson Forums

Mini Apes 07 FXD

FXD2007

Hey guys,

Been poking around the internet and searching here and I have a question for you. I have the stock bars on my bike now and I think I want to go a little taller. I like the 10 inch mini apes on some of the other model Dyna's and I was thinking I would like a set of those or maybe even 8 inch bars for my bike. The tech at the shop told me I might not need cables and wiring extensions....how big of a bar can I go with without having to change cables/wires? I do not want to go with a riser, simply because my bars on there now are tweaked slightly from a low speed tipover, so I need to change them out anyway. Thanks!

Not sure where you are, but I have a set I just took off that are like new. PM me if you find out they will work.

Did some more digging around....looks like cables from a street bob will be the right length....anyone know for sure?

I changed my 2007 FXD bars to Street Bob mini apes.
The parts listed are for a Street Bob.
Clutch Cable pt # 38789-06B
Wide Glide Bars 10" pt # 56079-93
Idle Cable pt # 56355-96A
Throttle Cable pt # 56356-96A
My existing already extended brake cable was long enough.
The existing clutch cable was also long enough, however I decided to install the new one anyway since I was going to switch fluid in my tranny.
The throttle and Idle cable had to be changed to the longer ones.
All electrical wiring had enough slack in it that I was able to pull enough out of the frame to make it work perfectly.

your clutch cable will still work. brake line and throttle and idle cables will have to be changed. i ran the wild ones 1 1/4" mini apes i had to make my wires longer when i ran them inside the bars.

Back