free website stats program mid control to forward change | Harley Davidson Forums

mid control to forward change

fleece

i just bought kurakyn forward controls for my fxdl on ebay from an individual. they installed easily and i am happy with them (and especailly the price). but, i did not get that cap(?) that covers the existing shifter shaft coming out of the primary. any ideas where to get one? and does anyone know the exact name of it? thanks!

no.... thanks for trying! i am looking for a cap or plug that will cover the hole where the stock mid control shifter rod comes out of the outer primary cover....

Did you completely remove the shift shaft that comes through the primary cover? If you did, you either need a primary cover from '05 or earlier that has the removable inspection cover, or a primary that has no hole there. If you still have a splined shaft sticking out, the cover Don showed will work.

I don't know what size hole you have but Lowes and Home Depot have a pretty good selection of hole covers. Maybe something like these? Google

If the mid-shifter shaft is removed you can fill the hole in the primary with a chrome carriage bolt, washer and nut.

Back