free website stats program Metzeler 888 wider than 880 | Harley Davidson Forums

Metzeler 888 wider than 880

Fuzzymike

I have been running a 880 Metzeler 140/90/16 instead of the stock 130 tire for a few years now. I decided to try out the new Metzeler 888 as they were only $6 more than the 880. I have used the same tire shop for years and had them order me 1 the other day and had it put on today. Well when we went to put it on the bike it was rubbing BAD so after all of us gave everything a closer inspection we found the new 888 was about 1/2 inch wider than the 880. Both were 140/90/16's but there was no way the 888 was going to fit. I have a 130 on order for Tuesday and they will not charge me for the 140. Just thought I would save others the same aggravation I just experienced and possibly some $$$ cause I am sure not all shops would have not charged my any extra for all the extra work the had to do. I had them put the old tire back on so I could ride until the 130 arrives.

I dont see it on their page either but I did see the 2 tires together and the new 1 was a 1/2 wider and was Alphanumeric MU90 if i remember correctly. I will have to look again Tuesday when the 2nd tire gets there.

Back