free website stats program Marvel Mystery Oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Marvel Mystery Oil

glider.

BOT Machine
Here's another good product that can be used to clean fuel systems and oil systems.

Some interesting info on MMP...

::Marvel Mystery Oil::

Here's the MSDS on this product...

http://www.pipelinesupply.com/msds/Marval_Mystery_Oil.pdf

MMO1.png

MARVEL MYSTERY OIL®
PRODUCT BENEFITS

ADDED TO GAS OR DIESEL
Marvel Mystery Oil® lubricates the entire fuel system-fuel pumps, fuel injectors or carburetors and the top portion of the cylinders. These are areas, that by design, motor oil does not reach. Using Marvel Mystery Oil in your fuel extends the life of these vital components by providing them with lubrication that fuel alone does not provide.

Marvel reduces and prevents varnish and gum build-up, two key contributors to robbing engine performance. When you shut off your engine, a miniscule drop of fuel is left at the tip of the fuel injectors or carburetor jets. This miniscule drop off of fuel then solidifies into a varnish type residue. Over time, the accumulated varnish blocks the openings of the injectors or jets, contributing to lower performance and fuel economy and shorter life of these components.

Spark plug life is also extended by using Marvel in your fuel. It creates a cleaner burning cylinder environment that reduces carbon build-up on spark plugs resulting in better firing plugs that increase performance and durability.

In addition, Marvel Mystery Oil® improves fuel mileage by reducing internal friction in the engine.

Marvel should be used in the fuel at every fill-up. Use 4 ounces for every 10 gallons of fuel.

Note for Diesel Fuel Users - This diesel fuel additive does not comply with federal low sulfur content requirements for use in model 2007 and newer diesel motor vehicles.

Added to Engine Oil
In Harley engines with a 4 quart capacity, use 1/2 pint to replace 1/2 pint of engine oil when you change the oil, don't overfill the oil level.
Marvel should be added to your engine oil at every oil change. In a traditional automobile engine with a 5 quart oil capacity, simply replace one of the engine oil quarts with a quart of Marvel. For your convenience, MM13R is the quart size of Marvel Mystery Oil® and can be found at most automotive parts and supply retailers and mass merchants. Marvel is also safe and effective to use with synthetic and synthetic-blend motor oils.
When added to engine oil, Marvel reduces and prevents valve sticking and clatter by breaking down harmful deposits of carbon and sludge. Oftentimes, valve sticking can be identified by a "ticking" sound coming from the engine compartment when the engine is running. This ticking sound will increase and decrease with the speed of the engine.
Marvel fortifies the properties of motor oil, both traditional and synthetic. Marvel prevents oil breakdown caused by extreme temperatures. In addition, Marvel promotes easier cold weather starting with its extremely low pour point of (-65) Fahrenheit and ability to eliminate oil's tendency to congeal at low temperatures.
Sludge build-up in newer and older engines can result in lower performance and life expectancy. Marvel will prevent sludge build-up from occurring in new engines and removes sludge from older engines. In newer engines, Marvel protects against scoring or seizing and creates a highly polished, wear resistant finish on engine surfaces. Your new engine will remain clean and your older engine will thank you for cleaning the insides.

For All Marine Engines
Marvel Mystery Oil® provides the same tremendous benefits for all marine engines, inboard or outboard. Use Marvel in the same amounts listed for automotive use in your marine engine.

SKUs

MM12R 16 oz.
MM13R 32 oz.
MM014R 1 Gallon
MM015 5 Gallon
MM018 55 Gallon Drum

MMO1.png

MARVEL MYSTERY OIL® DIESEL SUPPLEMENT
CLEANER FUEL SYSTEMS, IMPROVED MILEAGE, NOW FORMULATED FOR DIESEL ENGINES

Marvel Mystery Oil Introduces Diesel Supplement Specifically Designed to Meet the Needs of Todays Diesel Engines

CHICAGO, IL (October 22, 2007) - Marvel Mystery Oil, long renowned for improving fuel efficiency and reducing wear and tear in engines and fuel systems - has introduced Marvel Diesel Supplement, a formula specifically designed to improve the performance of diesel engines when using todays ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel. The new diesel-specific formula is designed to meet 2007 federal requirements for low sulfur diesel additives.

Ultra-low sulfur diesel can be tough on engines creating accelerated wear on fuel injectors,` said Marc Okicich of Turtle Wax. `Adding Marvel Diesel Supplement to each tank of fuel improves the fuels lubrication causing less wear on fuel systems and reducing the need for injector and engine overhauls.`

Marvel Diesel Supplement not only increases fuel economy by 8 percent and keeps fuel injectors clean and lubricated, it also improves the cold flow properties of ultra low sulfur diesel to prevent gelling and improve vehicle performance in cold weather. Adding Marvel Diesel Supplement can decrease diesel fuels cold flow point from -5 grade to -40 grade.

Drivers can feel the effects of Marvel Diesel Supplement in their vehicles performance as well. A single dose will boost ULSD fuels cetane rating by three numbers - using a double does increases the cetane rating six numbers.

Increasing the cetane number has a dramatic effect on a vehicles power, engine performance and fuel economy,` said Okicich. `It is a difference drivers can feel.`

While Marvel Diesel Supplement is specially formulated to benefits 2007 ultra-low sulfur vehicles, it will improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine damage and improve cold flow properties in all diesel engines including pre-2007 diesel engine models.

Look for Marvel Diesel Supplement at many of your favorite auto parts stores early in 2008.

SKUs

MM60 16 oz. (Treats 50 gallons of diesel fuel)

MMO2.png

SUPER GAS TREATMENT

Use Marvel® Super Gas Treatment in your vehicles 3 or more years old to restore the fuel system to peak effiiciency. Marvel® Super Gas Treatment increases fuel economy, removes harmful intake valve deposits and cleans the entire fuel system for longer life and better operation.

Product Benefits
Fights gas line freezing.

SKUs

MM11R 12 oz.

MMO3.png

ONE-SHOT FUEL TREATMENT
Marvel Mystery Oil® One-Shot Fuel Treatment is original Marvel Mystery Oil in a convenient pre-measured, easy-to-pour container. One-Shot Fuel Treatment treats approximately 15 gallons of fuel, the average fuel tank size on most automobiles.

Marvel Mystery Oil® One-Shot Fuel Treatment comes in a handy 4-pack so you never run out at your next fill-up.

Product Benefits
Increases fuel economy.
leans & lubricates fuel system.

SKUs

MM08 4-6 oz.

MMO4.png

UNIVERSAL LUBRICANT & PENETRANT
Not only is Marvel Mystery Oil® one of the most versatile oil and fuel additives available, it is also a superior lubricant and penetrant. Marvel has been used for decades as a penetrant for loosening stuck rings and pistons in seized engines. Now we have taken the same Marvel Mystery Oil formula and put it into a convenient trigger spray bottle.

Unlike silicone lubricants that evaporate over time, Marvel Mystery Oil® leaves a long-lasting film of oil to lubricate and free the most rusted of joints, nuts and bolts - anything! With its dual action sprayer, you can direct a fine stream into tight places or use the fan spray pattern to cover and protect large surface areas from corrosion.

Product Benefits

Improves fuel economy & acceleration.
Restores lost power

SKUs

MMO03 16 oz.

Also see this post...
Sea Foam - Harley Davidson Community

I know several "old time" wrench benders who use the stuff for everything, including an airplane mechanic (85yo works 6 days/week) , who uses it for stuck rings,valves,lifters and general "tune up in a can". The stuff preceeds the FAA, so they really don't have a "rule" that covers it use. The old FAA guys know it works, and the new FAA types don't know anything........

I've also used this for many years and it never has failed me for what I was using it for. Great product.

Works great in the oil before a change to clean out a motor that has not been serviced properly with oil changes.

Ok Mr. Data, you got me here on this. Use Marvel Mystery Oil before an oil change. Not sure how that works. Lets say I am changing my oil. So instead of put in 4 quarts, I would use 3 quars and the last quart would be a quart of MMO? Then run just ride until the next oil change?

It can be used when changing oil like you say but keep it to about 1/2 pint in the oil doing it like this with fresh oil.
The post was meant to use it before an oil change without over filling the oil to clean out the engine and remove any sludge with the old oil.

Everytime I see the product benefits of this stuff, I just laugh and think to myself
ANOTHER SNAKE OIL PRODUCT!!!!.

If this product was promoted anywhere else, thats exactly what I would think.
Seeing however that everyone on this board has nothing but praise for this stuff, it would be worth a try.
My problem is, I live on Mars and no one has heard of this stuff here.

How often should you / could you use MMO in the fuel? I have been using 2 oz in every fuel fill up. Is this good or bad.

I have always changed my oil at the reccomended oil change intervals, having said that I assume this product to have no benefits to a well maintained engine, Im not a fan of adding additives to my motor just my opinion. :D

How often should you / could you use MMO in the fuel? I have been using 2 oz in every fuel fill up. Is this good or bad.

I have always changed my oil at the reccomended oil change intervals, having said that I assume this product to have no benefits to a well maintained engine, Im not a fan of adding additives to my motor just my opinion. :D

I also add two ounces to the gas tank before filling up with fuel. My bike is an '03, so I do NOT have Oxy. sensors. But I also add about 7 oz. to both my wife's '07 Saturn Outlook and my '01 Ford Crown Vic. Both of them do have Oxy. sensors.

The reason for the MMO in the fuel is cleaning and lubricating where the engine oil SHOULD not be.

TQ

MMO story. Happened this year. I have a friend that moved from California to North Carolina (where I live). He hauled the bike in the back of his truck here. I'm storing his bike while he finds a house. When we unloaded his bike 2005 Road King (with some work done). It was making a terrible racket, at least one of the lifters was not pumping up. Ran it for a few minutes, no joy. So he pulled it in and parked it. On advice from a trusted mutal friend. We drained a pint of oil out and added a pint of MMO. The lifter pumped up within 1 minute.

Back