free website stats program Man this is crazy update | Harley Davidson Forums

Man this is crazy update

trickydoc

Well rode about 120 mi today. radio played, sparkey sparked everything is happy in hog heaven. We found the short in the radio, rear speaker did not have a good ground, ran extra ground. I guess the other electrical was just a bad battery, too bad it fried ole sparkey, (stater)

Well thought everything was ok. went for a ride oops!!! Well bout 1/2 way through the ride the speedo quit, bounced several times then died. Tried to restart several times but it's dead. Then on the way home, in the dark, fliped on high beams, oops, no lights. went back to low beams lights came back on. now with the speedo out she don't idle good or run well. I guess its, pull the vss and clean or replace, then back to the wire tracing, hope I find this grimlin before Thunder Beach.

I had my stator and voltage regulator new 2.5 mos ago at a dealer in tucson az... usually do stuff my self but wanted to get it done in time for the ROT rally in AUSTIN TX.....so paid the big bucks and made the rally..... YOU put in a new v.reg when the stator BURNS just in case...... so I did ..... In the middle of oregon (BEND) on my trip 5 day covering wa. id.(low-low pass) and into oregon. NO juice... stator ok but v.regulator gone..

the voltage reg had to be ordered so I had plenty of LOOKING TIME @ cascade H.D. dealer in Bend...

LOOK gave way to PUSH N SHOVE and I felt I WON....

HAVING ENOUGH breaking down on the road ,, I traded (RELUCTANTLY) for a new 09 FLHR.. I figured I was ready for the OLD GEEZER bike.... an not enough on trade but enough of a discount on the 09 to even it out n do it...

NOW after 500 miles and starting with the quick n easy break-in 3rd gear @30-60 compression up and down.....

WHAT A CHANGE OF MIND ... I really like the bike BETTER than I thought I would.... I needed that break-down and urge for NEW BIKE to BOOST my spirits and get BACK into the good parts of riding 2 up with travel gear....

The ride back with 60 lbs of travel gear, wife at 140 and me at 205 clothed...

400 lbs...and having air shocks @23 lbs was GREAT RIDING.....

NOW mind you I'm a healthy 65 yrs or feel that way and with a 2000 dyna I've cared for and put a lot of HOT stuff incl' a 6 speed ,,,,, It was hard to let it go on trade..... too far from home as I live WA-AZ...... I speak both languages American WA. and American AZ. but I could not keep the dyna as I fear something ELSE might be in the future with too many miles on the HOT ROD....

well over 72000 on the dyna and 44000 since the last rebuild....

I felt the need to get a MORE comfortable tour bike and the road king was the chose.... and A good one...

YES WALLEYE A DEAL ON A 09 MODEL... hope he reads this (it was a good call on his part)
THANKS ALL

signed....BUBBIE

Back