Lyndall vs. EBC brake pads va. stock H-D pads

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by 89 FXRS, Jan 22, 2014.

1. 89 FXRS

89 FXRS Active Member

would like some feedback on these brands of brake pads - the pro's and cons - stopping power, dust brake, fade ,and mileage - thanks

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

The last time I used factory Harley pads at $50.00 per caliper. I am trying on the rear a Volar Motorsport pads. Cost me $20.00 for the rear pads. Fit was perfect. These pads are organic. On previous bikes I have used EBC pads with great success.

3. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I used two different types of EBC pads on my Dyna Glide. they were ok. I put Lyndall Gold pads on my Electra Glide. I like the stopping power, and low(er) dust of them. Eastern Performance has the best price I found for Lyndalls. I got 3 sets for $120, shipped.

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I have used EBC pads on import cars for years at work, they are a high quality fit with low dust and wear good

5. RibEye

RibEye Junior Member Contributor

I've been running Lyndalls for some time. The OEM pads were super dusty and noisy (chirp...chirp..chirp). I'll not be going back to OEMs. I noticed no difference in stopping power, but then I don't put alot of demand on stopping power, so maybe there is a difference.

Enjoy,
    Rich P

6. Harttoo

Harttoo Senior Member

Lyndall's are the quietest and least dust of all brands.They stop good too!
    I tried the cheap one's like Volar,they work ok but lots of brake dust.

7. martillo

martillo Active Member

A second question please, what line of lyndalls are you using? There are different types.

8. Harttoo

Harttoo Senior Member

I used Lyndall z-plus on 08 Road King and 12 Limited.Pleased with their performance.

9. martillo

martillo Active Member

Thanks, knew that I would get good info here, next set I will give them a shot.The H.D.brand squeals and quite a bit of dust.

10. rollo3076

rollo3076 Active Member

I have 2008 egc, does the same pads fit front and rear. It looks like the same pads in catalogs, but my harley dealer says they are different. anyone know?