free website stats program luggage stuff | Harley Davidson Forums

luggage stuff

Hey guys I am new here and also the proud owner of a recently purchased 06 electra glide that I am trying to outfit to carry more luggage. I have a soft t-bag that I purchased for my VTX 1800. The problem is that the sissy bar on the harley is lower and wider than the VTX and the pocket on the t-bag will not fit. I saw a road king the other day that had a similiar t-bag that was attached to some type of vertical rack behind the sissy bar. Anybody seen anything like this. Any help would be appreciated.

David Welch

Hey guys I am new here and also the proud owner of a recently purchased 06 electra glide that I am trying to outfit to carry more luggage. I have a soft t-bag that I purchased for my VTX 1800. The problem is that the sissy bar on the harley is lower and wider than the VTX and the pocket on the t-bag will not fit. I saw a road king the other day that had a similiar t-bag that was attached to some type of vertical rack behind the sissy bar. Anybody seen anything like this. Any help would be appreciated.

David Welch

How about altering yours and have it fitted ?

Where there's a will there's a way!

Usually an assortment of bungee cords or cargo straps will solve any problem like yours. May not look as "cool" as some other rigs heading down the road, but a lot cheaper than buying new bags or backrests.

A bagger doesn't have the same set-up as a Road King. Can't build storage in the same way. They go vertical where baggers keep the luggage mounted lower.
You'll probably have to look for luggage carrying in a different manner.
I also have a Sportster but many of the luggage pieces for the Sporty I can't use unless I just put them on the passenger seat.
If you have or add passenger grab bars to your Glide, it makes it easier to bungee luggage to the passenger seat. That's what I do when I need extra.

A bagger doesn't have the same set-up as a Road King. Can't build storage in the same way. They go vertical where baggers keep the luggage mounted lower.
You'll probably have to look for luggage carrying in a different manner.
I also have a Sportster but many of the luggage pieces for the Sporty I can't use unless I just put them on the passenger seat.
If you have or add passenger grab bars to your Glide, it makes it easier to bungee luggage to the passenger seat. That's what I do when I need extra.

??? road king not a bagger ???

it is almost the same as your Ultra except with different mods, the luggage is the same, the saddlebags are the same,frame.

RKs dont come with tour paks, but you can buy the docking plate and mount the same tour pak from an ultra

95 % of touring parts are interchangable

I was referring to the obvious fact that RK's don't come stock with tour pacs.
Granted, you can build it up with a tour pac but he was referring to a RK he saw with the sissy bar and the luggage you can carry when using a sissy bar.

RK with a sissy bar can use different luggage.
Put a tour pac on it, you have to go a different direction.

Call or browse T-Bags and see what the options are for the e-glide. thell they mwhat you have for a rick and what kind of storage you are looking for. I have an ultra so I have the trunk. I still run with a top bag when I go for a longer trip. I really like the stuff T-bags puts out though.

I'm a little confused by this. I didn't think Elecrta Glides have sissy bars or maybe I'm not sure of the defenition of a sissy bar. Are you reffering to the tour pack?

Sissy bars and tour-paks are two different critters.
The model of bike is going to determine what you can easily add.
Some are better looking with sissy bars and others are better with a tour-pak.

You have a tour-pak.

Electra Glide Standards, didn't come with tour packs. Some Standards had sissy bars added. He didn't specify which model he had. I don't understand the "vertical rack" behind the sissy bar part. :newsmile040:

Back