free website stats program Lucas Oil Products | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lucas Oil Products

I`ll NEVERthat junk again, My truck had 45000 and i did and oil change and added a Qt. of lucas oil and had nothing but lifter`s tapping.

My neighbour gave me a case of Lucas octain booster. I have tried it a couple of times and both times my fuel mileage took a dive. I called them and complained but their engineer said that it should not affect gas mileage, he even implied that I should get better mileage. Another case of stuff lining my shelf, I guess I should have a garage sale and sell the stuff.

My neighbour gave me a case of Lucas octain booster. I have tried it a couple of times and both times my fuel mileage took a dive. I called them and complained but their engineer said that it should not affect gas mileage, he even implied that I should get better mileage. Another case of stuff lining my shelf, I guess I should have a garage sale and sell the stuff.

I gather all of the was supposed to work stuff up and sell it at the fall Barrie Automotive flea market,people gobble it up:D

I'm not impressed with this oil at all. I just changed the oil for the second time with LUCAS 20W-50 Synthetic for motorcycles. It seemed to be fine around town and on a normal 600 mile round trip to Michigan but, just last night in a traffic jam after running for 370 miles the engine got real hot and the oil light came on. The next morning left for home and after 60 miles the oil pressure dropped to 0 psi at stop and 8 running full speed. I found the oil temp to be 285 deg F. We immediately pulled over and checked the oil. I found it to be completely broken down and very watery to the point that you couldn't even check the oil level because it ran off the dipstick so fast. I double checked the oil level after it cooled and found it to be full still, but we were all surprised to find it so runny. It was Sunday mornign and we were at a Flying J parking lot so my options were limited so I drained the oil and replaced it with just 4 quarts of fresh Valvoline 10-40 for motorcycles just to see if I could get some oil pressure at all. It came right up so I test ran it, but the bike was idling poorly so I shut her down. I did find some metal bits on the magnetic drain plug so we trailered the bike 475 miles home. I'll have the bike apart tomorrow to find out where the metal came from, but LUCAS OIL WILL NEVER BE IN ANY OF MY MOTORS AGAIN...going back to another brand if not the HD dino oil. Never had a problem with it or the Amsoil surprisingly.

I`ll never use it again, tried in my Truck and every time i`d started my truck it tapped like crazy for a few minutes. Drained it out and put Mobile 1 back in and NO MORE TAPPING.

I can only say from my experiences. I have put the lucas oil stabilizer in my car for years now and it has 220,501 miles on it. it's also 22 years old. it starts immediately, even in 30 below temps, and runs like new. I run my engine before oil changes and never found milky oil to come out, even in the transmission. when I check my oil when the motors hot the oil dosn't look anything like the pictures. Im not trying to be a spokes person for Lucas, but I belive it has worked for me.

Back