free website stats program Lowering an 09 ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Lowering an 09 ultra

I had a set of ledgend air shock on my RK and lowered it 1" in the front, scrapped the floorboards a little more than before. Airnott has a good set of air adjustable shocks on ebay for about 700.00 compressor included 13" down to 10.5"

thanks, when I bought the bike it scared me because it really is pretty tall, I got the seat modified and that helped, over last weekend I had a conversation with a friend who is a bit taller and he was saying he is going to lower his bike because its so tall.

I didn't want to change the bike the first year so I did the seat and got tall boots, but now the cold is coming back I am having trouble throwing my leg over the darned thing.

decisions decisions.....and a long winter to think it over coming fast...

thanks.

I lowered mine both front and rear. I've scrapped the boards a few times, but with my short legs, I would have had a lot more damage from dropping it all the time in parking lots, etc.

The bad lander seat by HD is a inch lower than the stock S/G seat and narrower in the front which helps a lot backing up and moving around.:57:

1+ for Walleye, just because the idea of changing bikes rather than customizing to your taste and needs is just wrong...you bought with the initial experience with eyes wide open...why not give yourself clarity by making it your own?

There are lowering kits to modify the height in modest steps...along with suspension changes to make the ride more controlled with less "sack" and more -eh- "Progressive" while going slightly higher in fork oil viscosity. Just make sure bars are rotated to better fit the rider, and controls adjusted to suit, be patient and just make sure you get things just right for your needs.

I am thinking I might, go for shocks first, the do the front end, I know that local dealerships do service deals in the winter, so I might be able to get a better deal on the front, the rear shocks I can easily do myself, but I wouldn't venture into the fronts-above my pay grade, if you know what I mean.
I saw a 2010 road glide today and it sits nice and low, I would imagine that is the HD lowering kits placed in the bike?

thanks

Back