Lower Fairing Snap Replacement?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Juliakf, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Juliakf

Juliakf New Member

Anyone know how to replace the snaps on the leather cover of the lower fairing compartments on an Ultra?

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Boating supply stores carry a full assortment of replacement SS snaps both male and female.

3. Carroll B

Carroll B Member

My snaps never stayed closed so I installed a set of hard covers with locks from hog trough for about $100. Now I can lock my camera, cell phone or other small valuables in the lowers.

4. Tboehle

Tboehle Member

Isn't it something that for a bike that you pay $23,000 for and the snaps don't stay snapped. I have had the covers replaced by the dealership and they are no better than the old ones. I've been thinking about changing out the plastic male snaps with chrome metal ones.

5. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Most any upholstery or boat canvas shop would probably do it for you on the spot for a nominal fee. I bought a snap kit several years ago, and they are easy to attach. The snaps are chrome, and it was cheap, I used one just last week. Sorry, forgot where I got it, probably K, or W mart.

6. Butch

Butch Active Member

After snaping a couple of those blasted snaps. I found you can get replacement kits at places like Walmart, Micheal's, or any fabric type store fairly cheap (both chrome and black metal). Plus, I think it may have been a Glider suggestion, I dab a little vaseline on the snaps and it makes them work easier.

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Yep, the film of Vaseline once in awhile really helps. I used it on my boat snaps and it worked wonders there.:D