free website stats program Low speed miss | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Low speed miss

Thanks again Hoople that answers my question. I'll start looking for a tuner, any recommendations. As you can see I'm pretty stock and other than maybe an air filter upgrade I'll stay pretty stock. At my age I'm not trying to get anywhere to fast, I'm trying to slow down just a little. :D

It deffinately sound like a lean condition to me also. It could be either an intake leak or a pin hole in one of the fuel lines inside the gas tank.

Check these links out.

Engine Dies And Runs In Spurts - Harley Davidson Community

Finding An Intake Leak - Harley Davidson Community

For what its worth when I had a problem with pin hole in the fuel line, which I was able to diagnose by it surging while cruising, I replaced the fuel line with the wrong type (should have been SAE J30R10). Anyway the fuel line started to disintegrate and it would idle ok and run at higher rpms ok but any low speed stuff it would miss or even backfire. I replaced one more time this time with the plastic flex hose like comes from the factory, only splitting the old flex line length ways and covering the new one like a shield to protect from rubbing again.

If you need a source for the fuel lines, here is a place that carries both the SAE J30R10 as well as the flex line.

Auto Performance Engineering - Walbro fuel pumps and more

HTH,
Randall

Thanks to all for the replies. I purchased a TFI last night on ebay and can't wait to receive it and install.
by the way theres a seller on ebay selling the one for the 2006 softail for $100 new in the package.

Back