Low Rider Top Speed

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by FXDL4ME, Jul 11, 2016.

1. FXDL4ME

FXDL4ME Member

I did something really crazy, for me anyway, (I'm 65 years old). Yesterday. I was out riding with my buddy, and we decided to do a little "roll on" race while going about 55 mph. We both took off and he stayed with me until about 75 (he has a 1200 Sportster) and I held my bike wide open and left him far behind. I knew I was going pretty fast, and when I looked down at my speedometer I was going 100 mph. I had a lot of throttle left, so I was wondering just what is the top speed of the new Low Rider. I have the Stage One, Fat Cat exhaust, SE Heavy Breather, 103". This is the first time I've really opened the bike up, and was surprised how quickly I got to 100. I don't plan on doing that again, so I was wondering if anyone has "topped out" their 103" Dyna, and just how fast will it go?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Happy belated birthday, I had my 07 Streetbob wound out to 100 and had some wick left, your bike is heavier than mine was I am impressed ;)

3. FXDL4ME

FXDL4ME Member

I was impressed too. I didn't look down at the speedo until I got ready to let off the throttle, and I was kinda shocked I was going that fast. Can't find any specs on the 103 Dyna top speed anywhere.

4. Harttoo

Harttoo Senior Member

I've done 105 on My 2012 Limited.Wasn't interested in going any faster.

coopernicus and FXDL4ME like this.
  5. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Happy belated birthday. On my 2008 96" stock Electra Glide top speed for it based on speedo and not GPS was a solid 112 and not a notch faster. So with the bigger engine and a bike that almost 200 pounds lighter I would bet it will top out at approx. 125............:eek:
    And just so you know, you are not crazy but digging the ride.....;)

FXDL4ME likes this.
  6. coopernicus

coopernicus Junior Member Contributor

My old stock 80 cubic inch 1985 low rider went 112 downhill with my head tucked down. I will hit a hundred or so now but never stay there, just going through the gears and havin fun!

FXDL4ME likes this.
  7. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Keep in mind Harley speedos are notorious for their inaccuracy.

FXDL4ME and Jack Klarich like this.
  8. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Cause there not certified....:confused: Right?????

Jack Klarich likes this.
  9. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Mine is -5 mph

10. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

No, in my experience Harley speedos just are inherently off. Speedometers don't have to be certified to be accurate.