free website stats program Low idle on 2008 streetbob | Harley Davidson Forums

Low idle on 2008 streetbob

kicks33

Good day.I have a trouble with my bike.2008 streetbob.(FXDB).After 15 minutes of driving and arrive in the city and need to stop due to traffic,Ive notice that the idle speed is too low and need to hold the accelerator a little just to avoid stopping of the the engine.Already cleaned aic with carb cleaner,but still thesame.Pls help.Thanks

Good day.I have a trouble with my bike.2008 streetbob.(FXDB).After 15 minutes of driving and arrive in the city and need to stop due to traffic,Ive notice that the idle speed is too low and need to hold the accelerator a little just to avoid stopping of the the engine.Already cleaned aic with carb cleaner,but still the same.Pls help.Thanks

I am surprised you do not have a check engine light. If Jack's suggestion comes up clean then start looking for a slight vacuum leak especially where throttle body mounts to manifold...

Thanks,ill check it tomorow coz im working on my house bar.thanks a lot

No code is coming out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised you do not have a check engine light. If Jack's suggestion comes up clean then start looking for a slight vacuum leak especially where throttle body mounts to manifold...

Thanks,ill check it tomorow coz im working on my house bar.thanks a lot

No code is coming out.

With a propane torch turn the gas on(do not light) point it at the flanges, if you have a leak the propane will be sucked in and your speed should change

HD08FXD008.gif
Here is a picture of your fuel injection throttle body, try unplugging the electrical connectors clean them and add a bit of dilectric grease to the connections, also does your throttle plate have a screw? Is it possible it has backed out?

Back