free website stats program Low fuel light | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Low fuel light

My 06 King came on with around 2 gallons left. Cut the wire to the light and went off the odometer. Will have to see what happens on the new Ultra if we ever thaw out up here! Got a feeling the wire is gonna get the old snip since the light is gonna be even more "in your face" than it was on the RK. I have very little patience for foolish engineering. :newsmile042:

Before just cutting wire think it through. With the ECM controlling all the functions on the new bikes you make create a issue by snipping wire.....
????Check engine light, etc?????.

Friday, just to Re-Fresh my Low fuel VIEW on my 09 FLHR so I could tell you HOW mine works, and good I might add.

Gas pump light came on (about 185 mi.), then a little later it started it's backwards mileage count-down.

Started off at 40 miles as that is about what I get per gallon. I wanted to run it low so I could see it happen like I describe here and before in my other posts.

The area I was in was hilly. It showed 36ish soon after pulling a few hills then going back to the 43 area as i went down the other side (no load on engine) a long steep grade. Miles approximated, showing the increase when easy No-Load on engine is there. (smart brain)

I ran it until it showed about 10 miles to go on the count-down. Then the other WARNING I told you about showed in the place of the mileage count-down "Lo".

I went to a station in a 1/2 mile and filled...

I KNOW it had 1/2 to 5/8 of a gallon of fuel left in the tank when the "Lo" appeared in place of the count-down-mileage at 10..

The First Warning (low fuel) light usually comes on when a gallon and a 1/2 is there.

The backwards countdown on the miles usually happens when just under a gal and a 1/2 is left. About 180 ish miles on the odometer when the 40 count-down appears and FINALLY it lights up the "Lo" looking light at 10 miles on the count-down, taking place of the count-down mileage, """ Lo """ appears...

SO I had a 1/2 gal fuel when at 10 on the count down.

I have a 6 gallon tank.

Hope this is clear enough.:panic

signed....BUBBIE

I have the opposite problem when my light comes on you better find a station quick!!After running out twice on this bike I now go by the odometer

I have the opposite problem when my light comes on you better find a station quick!!After running out twice on this bike I now go by the odometer

It might be the different year and models?????

Remember my 09 tank is the newer 6 gallon style.. It came out way after your 05.
Correct me IF I'm wrong but the newer 96" bikes were the first to have the 6 speed and the 6 gallon tank...

Maybe a complete different type of monitor system also.

signed....BUBBIE

Back