free website stats program Loose Handle Bars | Harley Davidson Forums

Loose Handle Bars

Mongo1958

My 2009 Ultra has loose Handle bars. They seem to wobble a little. The Deals says that there is a rubber piece that needs to be changed. I checked out the procedure to remove the main switch knob and the switch panel to get to the handle bar mount. Seems pretty easy so I'll give it a go.

I did, The dealers said it was not a real danger. BTW, sorry that I posted this in the wrong spot. Hope a Mod will plop it where it needs to go.

Let me chime in here. I bought a "used" 2009 Ultra, last year, with 660 miles on it. The original owner had the dealer put Ape hangers on it. I took it in to my dealer for the 1000 mile check and oil. I told them the bars keep pulling back to me when I get it out of the shed (2X4 doorway). After they did the check they said the dealer put the wrong bushings on. They charged me $200 to fix the problem, so if you can do it yourself DO IT...$$$:17:

If the Dealer does it, my warranty kicks in and it will only cost $50.:s
This could be the way I go. :)

The dealer found that the mounting bolts were loose. They charged me $25 to fixe the issue. $25 and a free bike wash, not a bad deal. To bad it rained while riding back home:small3d038:

Back