Looking for new luggage

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Mweed2009, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Mweed2009

Mweed2009 Member

In need of new luggage , Two up need some storage for are 15 day trips.
    Has any one used any of the saddleman bags? or any thing else T-Bag ect
    Riding FLHT 2009

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Bought a T-Bag off of Ebay a couple years ago and used it until I bought a detachable tour pak for my Street Glide. I was real happy with the design and quality.

3. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

My buddy and his wife took several cross country (2+ weeks) on his Road King with hard saddle bags and a T-Bag (expandable). He said he had room for all the stuff he bought on the way. He used the bag for several years with no problems of any kind. I have seen T-Bags or similar makes that were so large it looked unsafe.

4. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

My wife and have been out up to a month. We use a Dakota T-bag on top of the trunk. Keep rain gear and stuff like that in there so it is easy to get to. That modle of t-bag has detachable back packs on the end. Kind of gimicky but they are handy to pop off and carry around at an event or at a park to haul that lunch around.

5. cambridgehd

cambridgehd Member

mweed , great question ,I'm looking to purchase some extra luggage for my heritage, it would be nice to hear which bags hold up or don't,etc.

6. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Depends on type of luggage match your look, feel and storage needs. If looking for heavy guage leather bags w/ quick detach virtually invisible hardware: Leatherworks, Leatherneck Jims, Boss Bags and others offer some of the very best and in styles that will match your Heritage needs, studs, conchos, braided edges, fringe, pockets, and even beverage holders. Others have adapted to hardbags and even made them look like Ultras if you can believe that...

http://www.hdtalking.com/chassis_suspension_and_front_end/5895-motorcycle_luggage.html

7. rick1062

rick1062 Active Member

As far as extra removable type luggage, I have tried a few brands, but like T-Bags the best. They have many sizes and configurations. Also great customer service.
    Saddle bags is a whole other thing. First of all, are you looking for hard or soft bags. I have had great luck with Boss Bags quick detachable.

8. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

Having looked at the T-Bags, the HD OEM bags and the Dowco Iron Rider, for the money I really feel the Iron Rider DOWCO Power Sports : Products : products are hard to beat. The T-Bay mounting systems are top notch but I was only looking at bags to strap on the tour pak and back seat.

9. Skratch

Skratch Active Member

I bought the t-bag Lonestar for my heritage. Comes with roll-bag and rain tarp.

Used it one time and it worked great. Got stuck in a downpour in Oklahoma and it kept everything bone dry.

But now I have an Ultra and it doesn't work on that.

10. Bait

Bait Active Member

We just bought a pair of "Biker's Friend" luggage; haven't had a chance to try them yet.