free website stats program Looking for a better radio | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for a better radio

flhtdan

I have been through 4 Sony radios in my FLH Standard. They all lasted about 18 months each. I spent a couple extra bucks and got a HD (OEM) radio. 5 Months and the CD player takes a crap!
Is there a radio out there that works?

I have had a less than $100 JVC head unit without CD and has Bluetooth for a year now without any issues. Installed an RF amp and Infiniti speakers and wire harness adapter so grip controls work and radio mount kit . Best thing I ever did. All together less than $400. Auto volume control does not work but i typically do not use the tunes in town so no bigee!

Have you looked into a marine application, I would think a radio for a boat that would take the abuse of the pounding of the waves and humidity should work on the bike.

Have you looked into a marine application, I would think a radio for a boat that would take the abuse of the pounding of the waves and humidity should work on the bike.

Yup. I had a Marine grade that didn't do any better than.

Here's a wild shot. Have you checked your fairing brackets? They are known to break. It's not always easily noticeable, but does cause a lot of vibration that could be causing radios to fail.

Here's a wild shot. Have you checked your fairing brackets? They are known to break. It's not always easily noticeable, but does cause a lot of vibration that could be causing radios to fail.

The brackets have broken or cracked a few years ago and repaired. Fairing is rock solid now.
Your right, the fairng shakes like crazy if broken when stopped.

There was also a bulliten about the radio hitting the stearing head retaining nut.

Back