Locks for Leather Saddle Bags?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Drew, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Drew

Drew Active Member

I am sure this has been discussed ad nauseum, but I could not find the topic using the "search" function. If someone could point me to a link or thread discussing the possibility of adding a lock to leather saddlebags, I would appreciate it.

best
    Drew

2. tjroadking

tjroadking Member

Try mid-usa.com

3. dangerdan

dangerdan Junior Member

Why ???

Most guys carry knives. One quick slice and I take what I want.

At the price of new leather bags, let then them take what they want. Its not worth it.

4. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Along with Dangerdan, thieves are kinda silly, someone broke the back window of a pickup truck to steal, even though the DOORS WERE UNLOCKED! The flip side is putting a locking gas cap on a car, thief used channel locks or wrench and damaged the filler inlet getting it off...making the repairs twice as expensive. Leather throw over bags...not worth it to lock, causing collateral damage in the process.

5. barttoday

barttoday Active Member

If you're looking for locks for your FLHRC, I installed the locks that are available from inertia wrx. They work great, and added benefit is that nobody can walk off with my bags. Here's the link...
    http://www.inertiawrx.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
  6. barttoday

barttoday Active Member

I put the inertia wrx road king classic saddlebag locks on my bike. Relatively simple install and I love them. Keeps my bags and my goods secure. Also makes a handy place to lock up the helmet. Website is InertiaWRX :: Leather Motorcycle Saddlebag Locks Definitely worth looking at.