free website stats program Let see them Softails | Page 44 | Harley Davidson Forums

Let see them Softails

DSCN4865.jpg

DSCN4867.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg
Here's one I took trying to show what the paint looks like in the sun:

IMAG0025.jpg

That's not a scratch, just a reflection.

"Red Hot Sunglow" for those times when subtle is not an option!
WAP.gif

Ferrous: Here is the original pic, taken at the last know Flying Arrow Station. It is no longer operational but of the 150 stations built in the late 1940's to early 50's it is the only one still standing according to the owner. The choice of Black and White was to try and capture the era flavor. I should have used Viginett edges perhaps instead of frame. I love the color of your scooter, did you have it painted or was it that way when you aquired it? What displacement is the motor?

http://
Best Reguards
Rick kc2htv

Ferrous: Here is the original pic, taken at the last know Flying Arrow Station. It is no longer operational but of the 150 stations built in the late 1940's to early 50's it is the only one still standing according to the owner. The choice of Black and White was to try and capture the era flavor. I should have used Viginett edges perhaps instead of frame. I love the color of your scooter, did you have it painted or was it that way when you aquired it? What displacement is the motor?

Best Reguards
Rick kc2htv

That is good information about your photo! It makes my pictures look like "snapshots". Well done! While I do understand the need/desire for black and white photos, most of it is lost on me. I just can't pull it off very well, or at least to my satisfaction. I wonder... would a "Sepia" tone look as good as B&W?
Thank you for the compliment on my color choice, however, it is slim6596 who really brought it to life. My bike came with the "Red Hot Sunglow" it is all factory paint (for now).
The Power Plant in my bike is the 96 cubic inch motor and suits me well. I don't think I need anything bigger...yet.

I put a pic up a while ago, but did a few mods to her.
2007 FXSTBI
V&H Big Radius 2:1
BDL open belt drive
Screamin Eagle intake
Power Commander III (Thinking of going to Thundermax)
Custom Leather done by me
Dakota Digital Speedo
Lowered 2" with progressive rear shocks and progressive front end lowering kit
To do list;
Fueling Camchest Kit
S&S heads and S&S big bore (106)
Larger throttle body (Not sure which one yet)

Her name is Trixie and has just over 39K miles

Attachments

• trixie2.jpg
    trixie2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 49
  • trixie4.jpg
    trixie4.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 51
  • trixie1.jpg
    trixie1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 57
  • trixie3.jpg
    trixie3.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 51
Here's the latest shots of my Heritage Softail Classic. I have changed the wheels to the 9 spoke HD mags. Memphis Shades windshield, Vance & Hines Slipons and extra chrome.

Attachments

• 2012-09-01_17-17-42_690.jpg
    2012-09-01_17-17-42_690.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 2012-05-11_19-15-05_768.jpg
    2012-05-11_19-15-05_768.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 2012-09-01_17-17-24_395.jpg
    2012-09-01_17-17-24_395.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 70
Doc: The wheels look great, changes the whole look of the bike. I went with the clear Memphis shaded this year, but will go with the red next year when I put on the wide whites. What are those black pads under your tires and stand? Here is a pic of Harriet last week when I took the back seat and back rest off and went with the solo seat and basket. Wife made me put the two up back on as she wants to get some time on the back before the weather goes cold. I enjoyed it while I could. :)

Back