free website stats program Leak oil from oil breather from heads of engine | Harley Davidson Forums

Leak oil from oil breather from heads of engine

mchiti1

my engine is a 118 HP HTTC CNC ported and i installed valves Doherty Machine into the air vents of the heads engine.

the problem is that, when i open wide full throttle in fifth gear, at about 230 km / h, there is an oil leak from vents. Why?

I tried to enlarge the bolt holes screwed in the heads of the engine but can not figure out what the problem is.

can you help me?

This is a copy of Doherty Supplemental Instructions for the Myst Free valves.
Note drilling out holes part.

IMPORTANT SUPPLEMENTAL INSTRUCTIONS
NOTICE FOR ALL
FL MODEL MOTORCYCLES
FL Model Motorcycles require a total oil capacity of 4 quarts. Overfill conditions can result in oil carryover even after the installation of the Mystfree units. When oil and filter is changed in an FL Model the recommended refill capacity is 3.5 quarts NOT 4 quarts since approximately ½ quart remains in the engines sump and gear case during an oil change.
DRILLING ROCKER ARM STANDS (OPTIONAL ALL MODELS)
Included in your Mystfree kit is a number 43 drill bit, which measures .089 in diameter. There are two oil drain return holes located in the rocker arm stand cavity in which the Mystfree mounts.
See photo (Sorry, photo would not attach)
We have found that the oil return holes in the rocker arm stand are too small to adequately return standing oil. If you are experiencing a high volume of oil carryover exiting the breather system; we recommend the following modifications: These two holes presently measure .060 in diameter. In Twincam 88 style engines, that are moving above normal amounts of oil to the rocker box area, it is recommended that these holes be enlarged to .089. This is easily accomplished by removing the rocker arm assemblies and enlarging the holes with a common electric or portable drill with the drill bit that has been provided in your kit.
If you need further technical assistance, please contact Doherty Machine at 928-541-7744. Our office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM MST.

This is a copy of Doherty Supplemental Instructions for the Myst Free valves.
Note drilling out holes part.

IMPORTANT SUPPLEMENTAL INSTRUCTIONS
NOTICE FOR ALL
FL MODEL MOTORCYCLES
FL Model Motorcycles require a total oil capacity of 4 quarts. Overfill conditions can result in oil carryover even after the installation of the Mystfree units. When oil and filter is changed in an FL Model the recommended refill capacity is 3.5 quarts NOT 4 quarts since approximately ½ quart remains in the engines sump and gear case during an oil change.
DRILLING ROCKER ARM STANDS (OPTIONAL ALL MODELS)
Included in your Mystfree kit is a number 43 drill bit, which measures .089 in diameter. There are two oil drain return holes located in the rocker arm stand cavity in which the Mystfree mounts.
See photo (Sorry, photo would not attach)
We have found that the oil return holes in the rocker arm stand are too small to adequately return standing oil. If you are experiencing a high volume of oil carryover exiting the breather system; we recommend the following modifications: These two holes presently measure .060 in diameter. In Twincam 88 style engines, that are moving above normal amounts of oil to the rocker box area, it is recommended that these holes be enlarged to .089. This is easily accomplished by removing the rocker arm assemblies and enlarging the holes with a common electric or portable drill with the drill bit that has been provided in your kit.
If you need further technical assistance, please contact Doherty Machine at 928-541-7744. Our office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM MST.

please, can you scan this document for me?

Aside from what Breeze3at posted, replace the head breather/baffle assembly in the rocker arm support plate with the later and improved stamped breathers (PN 26500002).

However, if you are overfilling; you will still have the problem.

One other thought, you might want to replace your speedometer; I don't think it is reading properly.:rofl

Aside from what Breeze3at posted, replace the head breather/baffle assembly in the rocker arm support plate with the later and improved stamped breathers (PN 26500002).

However, if you are overfilling; you will still have the problem.

One other thought, you might want to replace your speedometer; I don't think it is reading properly.:rofl

it.pinterest.com/pin/570057265310723957/

I note with pleasure the phrase funny. the odometer is again the Dakota Digital and, as you can see in the attached picture, I also the navigator garmin.
the settings were made exactly combined with speed data detected by satellite with the navigation system and therefore are much more correct original odometer.

if you come on holiday in Tuscany, we bet a dinner and, after verification that the bike makes 230 km / h, will be you to pay because you will lose the bet! :p

the problem is that, when i open wide full throttle in fifth gear, at about 230 km/h.

I just had to resurrect this post again. 230km/h is 142.9mph and I was kinder to the OP when I suggested that he have the speedo checked. However, I have to call the OP out on his claim.

In 2006 Laura Klock set a world record racing a Klock prepped Road Glide on the Bonneville Salt Flats going 143 mph. In 2008, she broke her own record with a top speed of 154 mph.

So now I am thinking that the OP is putting his bike in the same class as a Klock prepped salt flats bike and I just don't believe it.:rofl

I just had to resurrect this post again. 230km/h is 142.9mph and I was kinder to the OP when I suggested that he have the speedo checked. However, I have to call the OP out on his claim.

In 2006 Laura Klock set a world record racing a Klock prepped Road Glide on the Bonneville Salt Flats going 143 mph. In 2008, she broke her own record with a top speed of 154 mph.

So now I am thinking that the OP is putting his bike in the same class as a Klock prepped salt flats bike and I just don't believe it.:rofl

Interesting. I watched my bike hit 150 on the dyno but that was without any rolling resistance or drag. I'm easily hitting 90+ now passing 18 wheelers but since I have no need for anything more, I haven't tried burying the needle like I would have in my younger days. I highly doubt I'd get 130+.

:p This is well documented, good post sir:s
http://www.kustombaggers.com/worldsfastestbagger.htm

it is interesting to see that i was asking for help to all of you for a problem on the vents of my engine and instead you focus exclusively on the issue of speed!

We do this: I was wrong !!! my bike gets 80Km / h max .:D

Ok ... now we can talk about the object of my post and then maybe we will open another discussion with the subject the speed.

Back