free website stats program lawn tips | Harley Davidson Forums

lawn tips

HarleyHarry

Banned
Just picking up on a conversation we had last year I hope Glider will not forget to remind us......
What am I talking about?
Well I'm sure many of you have noticed the lovely green grass Glider has. He's showing it of in his avatar.
Now I know part of his secret is keeping his wife well away from it but what else does he do to it?

The thing I hope he is going to tell us this year, is when it's time to start mowing again.
I have been the laughing stock of the street last season but with Gliders help I might be able to avoid the embarrassment this year.
Maybe he could add a topic in the "tips and self help" section of the forum?
:bigsmiley23:

Harry

It takes a lot of work to get that lawn looking like that.The pic in the avatar was taken at the beginning of the growing season before any flowers were planted. The key is in the product used for fertilizer and the application at the right time.
As far as when to cut it, that's easy, never cut more than 1/3 of the growth off the lawn. In other words, if it's 6 inches tall, no more than 2" should be cut off when you mow. Better to mow more often.

Watering is very important too. Best to watch the soil to tell you when it needs water.

I'd gladly share any tips with anyone but I think it would be out of place in the tech forum:D

As far as your comment about the wife and lawnmowers. she tried that once to help me out and I had shaved areas at the edges that had to be reseeded, so I do it myself now :D

Last edited:
well as i type this it is snowing very hard looks like about 3-4 inches on the ground already so it looks like cutting the lawn is still a bit down the road but when the time comes DK can i use your mower it looks like more fun than mine:D

Harry

It takes a lot of work to get that lawn looking like that.The pic in the avatar was taken at the beginning of the growing season before any flowers were planted. The key is in the product used for fertilizer and the application at the right time.
As far as when to cut it, that's easy, never cut more than 1/3 of the growth off the lawn. In other words, if it's 6 inches tall, no more than 2" should be cut off when you mow. Better to mow more often.

Watering is very important too. Best to watch the soil to tell you when it needs water.

I'd gladly share any tips with anyone but I think it would be out of place in the tech forum:D

As far as your comment about the wife and lawnmowers. she tried that once to help me out and I had shaved areas at the edges that had to be reseeded, so I do it myself now :D
gliders lawn is....ok, but I've seen better!!!!.........MINE!!!!!:lero:yahoo

Naturally TWrecks has got a gorgeous lawn. He's only got like 25 sq ft to tend to. The rest is paved or stone work. If ya can't tend to a lawn the size of a postage stamp... give it up!

(aged mad genius... oh man, even I didn't go that far! LOL):shock
Huh!!!!......at least I have electricity in my garage!! :lolrolling.....unlike some nuttmegger around these parts???????:bigsmiley33:

.....and, seeing I'm on a role here, while we are on the subject of postage stamps regarding areas, I've heard from a very reliable source, that you could fit 3 to 4 of gliders garage on to a penny farthing postage stamp, which we all know to be an extremely small stamp.......:coffee:read

Back