free website stats program Kuryakyn throttle boss | Harley Davidson Forums

Kuryakyn throttle boss

gator508

Experienced Member
This may seem somewhat trivial, but after only about 3 months of use the chrome on my throttle boss is wearing off quickly. Took the bike by HD since they installed it when it was being repaired after the accident. They told me they would call Kuryakyn today and find out if this part is warranted. Just a heads up for anyone considering this accessory, seems like a defect or just a cheap chrome job.

BTW, I do like the throttle boss alot!!

Kuryakyn chrome is cheap. My ISO grips have chrome starting to"bubble" a little. May pay less for aftermarket but you will usually pay twice if you buy the same junk again. Can't beat HD chrome. JMHO. :D

Been reading more & more bad press on Kuryakyn chrome problems...guess I'll re-think ordering anything from them...??

I have quite a few Kuryakyn items on my Dyna . The chrome has bubbled or turned green on almost all of it. The cause is the "just barely metal" that is used for casting the parts in that far far away land of cheap labor. Too bad, because they have some nice looking (initially) products. :(

I've had my Kuryakyn ISO grips and throttle boss for a little over three years now, and haven't had any problems with the chrome. Still look like new. Maybe I just got lucky.

I've had my Kuryakyn ISO grips and throttle boss for a little over three years now, and haven't had any problems with the chrome. Still look like new. Maybe I just got lucky.

And how do you like the ISO grips?...I ordered some last week..:11:

Kuryakyn chrome is cheap. My ISO grips have chrome starting to"bubble" a little. May pay less for aftermarket but you will usually pay twice if you buy the same junk again. Can't beat HD chrome. JMHO. :D

I installed Iso pegs on my 92 FLHS Crash bar when they first came out in Sturgis. The Chrome was good then but like Custom Chrome and a few others the quality is gone China chrome just doesn't cut it IMO

Back