free website stats program Kuryakyn Hyper-Charger | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Kuryakyn Hyper-Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Küryakyn Hyper-Charger

I still think it should OPEN with throttle and be sealed otherwise, It would be more effective.

Just look at the setup at the track on the big mountain motors, It's a scoop and isn't vented at the back. They want the pressure differential (ram air) to work for them doing this, why not on a harley?

Since we are not running huge displacement motors meant to the run WOT the ram air effect is not necessary. I've never had my '94 starve for air.

Just went to the garage and applied "oral vacuum" (I'm not gonna get censured) :D with a hose to my Hyper charger diaphram. Butterflies are normally open, with vacuum, they close. I'm still dizzy from the neg.vac exercise, but it does seem backwards.

If the design actually changed the A/F ratio by ramming air at high speeds, one would have to remap the fuel system. By their methodology, anyone can bolt it on, look way cool, and ride on down the road with no tuning necessary. Unless the high flow air filter is an upgrade.

Re: Küryakyn Hyper-Charger

This is a very interesting thread! I'm glad I went with the K&N kit. I opted for a little stealth vs. cool.
WAP.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back