free website stats program khromewerks hp-plus anybody ? | Harley Davidson Forums

khromewerks hp-plus anybody ?

considering khromeworks 3.50 hp-plus slip-ons to complete stg 1 on 08 flht. Anybody running these? not looking for a loud set-up, wanting performance with a nice sound. or 3.00 touring ?

considering khromeworks 3.50 hp-plus slip-ons to complete stg 1 on 08 flht. Anybody running these? not looking for a loud set-up, wanting performance with a nice sound. or 3.00 touring ?

IMO --- anything over 2" slips you will be losing perfomance ( loss of back pressure / bottom end torque )

I'm glad i asked. I thought 3.50 was outside diameter! They advertise a quieter slip-on and more low end power than the 3.00. hard to figure why a company only sells 3 & 3.5" touring slip-ons. I dont recall advertised as baffle sizes. back to the

More than likely it is the outside diameter but the baffle is what you should be concerned about. No bigger than 2"

confused now as this is second time someone said 3.50" is too big a baffle but I dont think it is the baffle size. they dont advertise the baffle size, just how its made for each model: 3.50"HP-Plus "Touring", 3" hp-plus touring, and HP Plus touring Lite. You tube sound clips sound nice, but these are "new" i guess and wonder if anybody out there running any of these on a bagger? It does seem odd that there is no mention of baffle size in their advertisement/web site. Reason Im inquiring is they advertise Quiet and freeflowing.

I'm reasonably sure that the largest baffle is about 2 1/2". What you are referring to is the diameter of the muffler body. Considering the head pipes are 1 3/4" you can see where I am going here.

I'm reasonably sure that the largest baffle is about 2 1/2". What you are referring to is the diameter of the muffler body. Considering the head pipes are 1 3/4" you can see where I am going here.

Not sure if this helps, but I have a pair of Khrome Werks HP-Plus slip-ons for my Dyna. The mufflers measure 3 inches in diameter, and the opening in the baffle matches the head pipe ... 1 3/4 inches. I think they are a bit loud.

Bud

thanks bud, getting somewhere now. the 3.50" is supposed to be quieter. khromewerks doesn't mention baffle sizes and they show a cut-out picture of the touring mufflers. "front and rear chambers " instead of baffles seems to be their own terminology? other a bit loud, performance anything special?

I had only the HP-Plus slip-ons on the bike, and otherwise stock air cleaner, and no fuel modification. The dealer said the ECM would compensate for the mufflers. As long as I didn't change anything else, the only difference would be a small loss in low speed torque. That was my experience, and I needed to twist the throttle a bit more at startup.

The HP-Plus mufflers were a bit louder than I like, and my ears would ring for about 30 minutes after a ride. Could be because I wear a full face helmet with a face shield. I tried a 3/4 helmet ... even no helmet, but I couldn't find the right combination. So now I'm back to drilled-out stock mufflers. They sound OK to me, but I don't know how they sound to others. Performance is fine.

But I'm thinking about going back to the HP-Plus and also a better breathing air cleaner plus a TFI or something similar. I don't plan to change anything else. I expect I'll get better performamce and a better sound. Maybe I'll have to wear one or two earplugs.

Bud

Back