free website stats program K&N RK Series Air Filter? | Harley Davidson Forums

K&N RK Series Air Filter?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Anyone running one of the K&N RK Series air filters on an otherwise stock bike? They claim a max HP gain of around 8HP at 3700 RPM with no fuel tuner needed. I understand this will make a stock/lean bike a little leaner without adding a tuner but I just don't have the finances to do the full Stage One or even the tuner without my wife throwing me out of the house! I've got to take the air filter off as part of the 10000 mile service so I figured it might be time to replace it with something better.

K&n are good filters i havent used the style your talking about .. but was told that k&n without pipes should be fine ..

Myself i would save up for a tfi .. or if ya want a stock size K&N let me know i have one i can hook ya up since i no longer use it

Doc

Do it right and add some fuel with the stage 1 filter. You'll be glad you did. It will be on the very lean side even with just the filter.

Doc

Do it right and add some fuel with the stage 1 filter. You'll be glad you did. It will be on the very lean side even with just the filter.

I know, I know - it's just $400 to $500 I could use on so many other things right now! Darn this Harley obsession!

Back