free website stats program Just placed an order for my 103" build | Harley Davidson Forums

Just placed an order for my 103" build

suntadz

I got a 2010 fxdwg Im trying to get a bit more out of without going overboard.....if you can or I havent already. Ordered the 103" stage 1 kit with Intake, Thunderheader, TTS, SE Oil Cooler, & SE204 cams. I will use stock heads, rockers, and pushrods to give me a mild 103" I hope. Dont want to mess with high compression and high RPM type stuff. Anyone have a similar setup and can comment on something I might want to do while I have it all apart?

Hopefully you have installed the stage 1 air cleaner and some slipons with adding some fuel before tearing into the motor. Setting up the motor correctly with these options would satisfy most people as far as performance especially in the dyna frame and you may find that the 103 isn't needed then. JMHO.

"a bit more without going overboard" sounds EXACTLY like a Stage I, as Glider obviously said. A lot cheaper than what you're planning and you can always go ahead with the rest of your 103 build if the Stage I isn't enough.

Baby steps is sometimes the right strategy!

I got a 2010 fxdwg Im trying to get a bit more out of without going overboard.....

I can't imagine doing any more than the stage 1 on my Dyna. I have a Screamin' Eagle A/C, Screamin' Eagle II Slip-ons, and a TFI. The power is more than enough (as I can even get the front wheel off the ground... not on purpose mind you).

If you have the $$$ and the time, then go for it. Otherwise, I'd recommend sticking with a Stage 1.

thanks for all the advice. The problem I have is I dontlive near a dyno tuner and the one I want to use is a bit of a ride. I dont want to have to go back everytime I upgrade either so my thinking was do it all at once. I was doing the intake/exhaust no matter what but my friend talk me into also doing the cams. Once I broke that open it wasnt much to just throw on the 103" top end so I figured what the heck. Just not sure what to really expect and if that setup will work good. The tuner I was going to use recommended the stuff to me.

I say go for it if you have the $$$. I went with pipes, a/c and PCV and new 2010 WG is getting 70hp. That's plenty performance for me but if you want more remember " there's no subsitute for cubic inches"
P1000671-1.jpg

P1000638.jpg

Looks like we have the same bike. What kind of front tire stand do you have? Ive been looking for one of those when I work on it.

Its a Baxley Sportchock brand. Works good on my ZX121R and the HD although on the HD I add the tiedowns to improve the secure stance as it doesn't grip the skinny front tire as well as it could. I don't know if they make one for a skinny tire but with the straps its pretty secure. Enjoy your new ride and mod the (EDIT ) out of it ,,,its great fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 06 street bob with a 88 with stage 1, sc air cleaner, thunderheader and re-programmed the factory tuner and it went real good, my buddy has a 07 softail with 103 kit, heads, cams and thundermax, if I'am in the right gear and we both roll on it he has nothing on me. Since then I put in a 95 kit, heads pwc 3 and a set andrews gear drives and it rips now, he is really disappointed in the 103 kit and honestly where I live none of the 103 kits impress me. My parts and machining cost $3000 shipping included, did the work myself.

well since I got the parts in the garage I gonna do it now. Just thinking I might swap the cams to a different set. That is my main concern the SE204 or the TW6-6 or something else.

Back