free website stats program Just about to buy my first Harley.. | Harley Davidson Forums

Just about to buy my first Harley..

Mark2

Question though, is it recommended it to get Harley's ABS and the security option? This is for a 2014.5 Harley Low Rider. The dealer doesn't lower prices because they are new bikes, but does your dealer typically throw anything in when purchasing a new motorcycle? If so, what do they put in the deal? Like a helmet, or some riding gear? I don't know what to ask, if anything at all. Thanks for any suggestions. Can't wait to ride though!

Both the ABS and the security are an option that costs extra....I ordered my road king with out either option I believe it saved me about 1000 bucks ...its just a persons preference what they want...I just wanted to keep it as simple As possible have heard that the ABS had more wheel bearing issues...and a buddy I ride with has had some problems when I have been riding with him with his security his bike wouldn.t start...he had to mess with it a bit and it started but the percentage of riders probably never have any problems..enjoy your choice and welcome

Welcome to the forum.:cheers

It never hurts to ask. At best, the dealer may throw in some extras; or just dig in and say no. Any other dealers in your area to shop around with?

Welcome to the forum.
I had ABS on My last bike ,put on 30000 miles in 2 years with no problem with ABS or security.My 2014 has ABS and security.The ABS is less noticeable with linked brakes,meaning less pedal kickback.The security is Sweet because You can get off Your bike and walk away knowing that no one can start it or turn on Your lights.When You return You turn on ignition,start and ride:)
The decision is Yours.Take a test ride and try these features,then make up Your mind.

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

In the grand scheme, I think the $1,000 is well worth it. I have it and it has been the difference between an accident and staying upright. Get it!
JMHO

Back