free website stats program just a reminder!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

just a reminder!!

The only way to deal with the stock ones is to throw them in the garbage.

If you are in a bind and if you have the tools (2 ifs..I know) you can take a center punch and hammer and center punch around the edge of the socket where the ball fits. Will get you home, but so will tie wraps.:D

Why doesn't Harley just put the good helm joints on at the factory? Surely it wouldn't raise the price of the bike very much. I replaced my complete shifter linkage with a Kuryakn for $42 and it's chrome.

Harley makes more Profit off of add on's than they do the bikes
They have it all figured out what people are going to add or change.

LOL, this reminds me of our vacation in 2009. :D It was going to my first time riding my harley over the 7 mile bridge. We stopped before we went across for some pictures, and I couldn't believe it, but he offered to let me ride 'his' bike. He has always been very possessive of his bike, :) he claims there is a pattern after I ride it, he's looking for a new bike. :D He may be right. :s Anyway, for whatever reason, I wanted my first trip over the bridge to be on 'my' bike, so I said I may ride his on the way back.

About 3 miles into the 7 mile bridge, I see him fiddling around with something, I thought he had lost his hat or something. We couldn't find a place to pull over until a couple of miles past the bridge. When we finally stopped, I asked him if he lost his hat & he just says, 'no, my shifter fell off, but I saved all the parts'. So we put it back together & continued the ride. I must say, that I was soooo relieved that I had not rode his bike that particular time, just because I would always hear about 'he let me ride his bike one time & I broke it'. :34::newsmile100::newsmile100::newsmile100:

Now, when we trailer the bikes anywhere, we go over the bikes looking for loose parts. :s

well i didn't get the heim ones due to i had already picked up the stock replacement, cost was $20.91 for new one, when it wears out , i'll get the others next time.

Harley makes more Profit off of add on's than they do the bikes
They have it all figured out what people are going to add or change.

I totally agree but I think they could put some quality parts on the bikes and then we could spend more on chrome and stuff.

Back