free website stats program Jiffy Stand Spring | Harley Davidson Forums

Jiffy Stand Spring

hd4evr

Banned
While using my Craftsman jack this morning I knocked the spring off the jiffy stand when I let my bike down. Anyway, WHERE does it attach to the frame? I see the spot on the jiffy stand but I can't "feel" anything when I run my hand under the frame where the spring might attach. I wanna go for a ride! Oh yea, 2007 Road King Classic. Help!!

Should be a hole in the frame a little further then the lenght of the spring .If you support the bike upright you will will find it. To install the spring bend the spring open and put some pennies in between the windings to stretch the spring, and then install and remove the pennies
kemo

Found the hole, used the coin trick. I'm back in business! Thanks a million guys! I'm goin for a long ride!

It sure beats a lot of pulling and foul language to get any strong spring fitted

Brian

Generally with the stands that have the bolt on the top end, you can loosen that up and disengage the cam locking plate to rotate the stand forward to hook up the spring with no effort at all, then just rotate it back to position and replace the cam lock and tighten the bolt.

Generally with the stands that have the bolt on the top end, you can loosen that up and disengage the cam locking plate to rotate the stand forward to hook up the spring with no effort at all, then just rotate it back to position and replace the cam lock and tighten the bolt.

NOW you tell me! :newsmile070: :s

Back